A family-owned company, bioMérieux has grown to become a world leader in the field of in vitro diagnostics. For 60 years and across the world, we have imagined and developed innovative diagnostics solutions to improve public health. Today, our teams are spread across 45 countries and serve 160 countries with the support of a large distribution network.
Come and join a family-owned global company with a long-term vision, and a human-centered culture.
What will your responsibilities be within bioMérieux?
As primary contact, the Account Manager is responsible for cultivating and driving the commercial relationship for customer accounts in their territory and achievement of individual territory sales budget.
The Account Manager main duties include:
- Act as the main contact for customers in a defined territory and analyze strategic decision makers at the customer level.
- Strategic account management to maintain relationships and grow/achieve annual sales objectives with a comprehensive overview of all bioMérieux product range.
- Build and maintain relationship in order to promote bioMérieux Solutions through instrumentation and reagents sales, insuring customer relationships are optimized to achieve sales targets and budget, while keeping the overview about the sales territory in terms of understanding the opportunities, risks and competition’s activities.
- Develop the knowledge at the customer site identifying all decision makers, competitor assets and customer related incidents and being responsible for ensuring this is captured in CRM.
- Manage the entire sales process and define and communicate the actions to be carried out with the support of internal experts.
- Prepare quotations, proposals, tenders, negotiate prices within limits of authority.
- Ensure a sufficient number of visits to customers, respecting the “norm”/objective set in the territory. Respect the basics of the bioMérieux Sales Excellence principles.
- Ensure the compliance of sales activities, commercial policy, and company policies.
- Ensure close communication with the business developers and hierarchical management for the account strategy.
- Interact cross-departmental co-operation, leading to best possible and efficient team work to promote instrumentation and reagents sales, insuring customer relationships are optimized to achieve targets and budgets.
- Execute the SBO meeting plans of actions as agreed with Sales Management.
- Organize interface between decision makers and key player in the company and participate to regional congresses.
- Any other duties as required.
Who are you?
- Bachelor of Science required, Post Graduate degree Business/Marketing highly preferred.
- French & German speaker and fluent in English
- Significant experience in sales, preferably in the Life Science environment, and knowledge of the bioMérieux offer and the competing offer.
- Ability to have a comprehensive overview about bioMérieux Product range.
- Strong business acumen along with demonstrated work ethic, integrity, and professional conduct .
- Leadership and ability to convince, persuade and influence.
- Ability to adapt in a constantly changing environment.
- Ability to turn complexity into simplicity, prioritize, decide and execute.
- Ability to connect, facilitate and co-ordinate multifunctional team work.
- Excellent integrator & negotiator. Ability to judge competitive response to sales strategy and make appropriate adjustments.
- Strong interpersonal skills, and good ability to communicate and present.
- Solution oriented, creative.
Travel Time : approx. 70% customer facing time – travel across country, including overnights and international travels
What do we offer?
- Attractive salary package
- Opportunity for professional growth and shaping the organization
- International environment
- Challenging assignment in the multinational environment with a dynamic team
- Permanent full-time employment position
- All needed professional tools
bioMérieux welcomes applications from all individuals, regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, physical characteristics, social origin, disability, union membership, religion, family status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any unlawful criterion under applicable law. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and avoiding discrimination.