A family-owned company, bioMérieux has grown to become a world leader in the field of in vitro diagnostics. For 60 years and across the world, we have imagined and developed innovative diagnostics solutions to improve public health. Today, our teams are spread across 45 countries and serve 160 countries with the support of a large distribution network.
Come and join a family-owned global company with a long-term vision, and a human-centered culture.
Do you want to join a purpose and values-driven market leading and international organization helping the world become a better and healthier place with “Top employer” certified practices?
A 3B+ size, family-owned company, bioMérieux has grown to become a world leader in the fields of in clinical vitro diagnostics, food safety and pharmaceuticals quality control.
For 60 years and across the world, we have pioneered and developed innovative diagnostics and data solutions to improve public health through our people and powered above-market R&D investment ratios.
Today, with subsidiaries, research and manufacturing centers in 45 countries and serving 160 countries, we provide an inclusive, multi-cultural, high performance and equal-employment work environment in every country we are present.
We are looking for a forward looking and strategic thinking, people-person senior manager with a track record of driving business differentiation and performance through innovation and team’s engagement to grow, collaborate and always go for the extra mile.
If this profile light some sparks, we would love you to apply and help us make a better and healthier world for today’s and tomorrow’s generations through innovation in food safety and quality control technology, contributing to help global food and beverage processors to nourish the world with safe and high quality foods.
Global R&D leader with a scope of one hundred employees (Microbiologists, Engineers, molecular biology scientists, IT/System Development, Data sciences and bioinformatic experts) located in multiple sites in France and USA.
Overall objective is to develop differentiated highly innovative world class solutions (systems, reagents, solutions & data services) to assure continued global leadership in the Food safety & quality technology field according to the corporate strategy and strongly leveraged and driven by its people; dynamic, creative and customer-focused scientists living up to the company’s pioneering spirit.
What your responsibilities will be ?
- Promote an innovative, collaborative environment for design development and launch of world class products and services with global impact on industrial applications markets.
- Improve processes to accomplish faster cycle time, improved performance, increased customer value, and reduced costs for new products and technologies. Assure compliance with all relevant regulatory and safety standards for worldwide commercialization.
- Recognizes, conceptualizes, assesses patents and validates innovative solutions and anticipates emerging needs ahead of competition in cooperation with Global Marketing, Scientific Affairs, program directors and IP groups
- Manage product improvements, upgrades and obsolescence situations in cooperation with the manufacturing group and with global customer service operations.
- You will drive the global people strategy with an emphasis on attraction, retention, people development and building a diverse and inclusive funnel of future leaders.
- Creates an organization that increases functional core competencies, scientific/technical rigor, productivity, and business impact.
- Identifies, feeds and leverages existing technical leadership in the teams and provides strategic guidance within R&D, to partner functions and to other key stakeholders within and external to the company
- Key contributor to business development, due diligence activities and Industry Executive Committee initiatives.
- Strategic leader in their field for customers and scientific community : represents bioMérieux’s credibility worldwide in expert groups at conventions and customers events, strengthens the corporate image with a strong emphasis on continued leadership with regards to innovation and profound scientific expertise.
Who are you ?
- Masters’ required. MD or PhD in Microbiology, Chemistry, AgriTECH / Food technology, or Pharmaceuticals.
- Ten (10) or more years of relevant experience in a senior level leadership position in R&D.
- Significant experience regarding compliance/GMP within IVD (in vitro diagnostics), food safety, food processing, food technology or pharmaceutical manufacturing industries.
- Proven ability as a strategic and motivational leader that effectively prioritizes and leads/drives transformational change in a complex, mid/large-scale matrix and multi-cultural organization.
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work effectively and collaboratively in a global (cross cultural) team environment
- Strong communicator, both verbal and written, to engage, influence and get buy-in globally from all levels of internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience tracking program cost, schedule, and performance across a dispersed global workforce
- Demonstrated ability to lead an organization through significant change without losing momentum; ability to inspire continuous focus on key business drivers
- Ability to consistently make timely decisions even in the face of complexity, balancing systematic and risk analysis with decisiveness.
- Demonstrates strong conceptual thinking skills, quantitative and qualitative analytical and problem-solving skills, with strong business acumen.
- Maintains knowledge of emerging technologies and trends in innovation and business skill set through continuing education.
- Travel : 20% of the time – national and international
- Professional English
bioMérieux welcomes applications from all individuals, regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, physical characteristics, social origin, disability, union membership, religion, family status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any unlawful criterion under applicable law. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and avoiding discrimination.