Location: Brussels, Belgium
Position Type: Unfixed Term
Job Function: Sales & Key Account Management
A family-owned company, bioMérieux has grown to become a world leader in the field of in vitro diagnostics. For 60 years and across the world, we have imagined and developed innovative diagnostics solutions to improve public health. Today, our teams are spread across 45 countries and serve 160 countries with the support of a large distribution network.
Come and join a family-owned global company with a long-term vision, and a human-centered culture.
As an Account Manager for the food customer you will be responsible for achieving or exceeding the sales / product mix targets for the Belgian Food Safety and Quality business by driving new business revenue with existing and potential customers.
Main Accountabilities include:
Build and maintain relationship in order to promote solution and reagents sales, ensuring customer relationships are optimized to achieve sales targets and budget, while keeping the overview about the sales territory in terms of understanding the opportunities, risks and competition’s activities.
• Drive the sales profitable growth with direct responsibility for achieving the territory sales goals, commercial budget and action plans, defined by the sales management
• Promote a complete solution to different stakeholders across departments of quality, laboratory and production
• Maintain and support the existing installed base by taking care of customer relationship, satisfaction and retention
• Attract new customers in selected segments and develop a network with opinion leaders and key customers
• Ensure a sufficient number of field visits, respecting the objectives set in the territory. Respect the basics of the bioMérieux Sales Excellence principles.
• Develop own sales skills & knowledge of the products, services and customers by working closely with Sales Management, marketing team and more experienced sales representatives.
• Actively gather and report market data and trends / changes in markets that may affect the performance of the division
• Interact cross-departmental co-operation, leading to best possible and efficient team work.
• Prepare quotations, proposals, tenders for review by Senior Management prior to negotiation with customers.
• Report on sales, activity and territory performance as required by organization by keeping keep the Sales Force Automation (CRM tool) tool daily and correctly up-to-date (customer address, contacts, opportunities, activities..).
• Ensure sales activities comply with legal and ethical standards as well as company policies.
Who are you ?
• Graduated in higher biological science discipline (MSc in Bio-engineering, MSc in Food sciences, Biology, … or similar) with good knowledge and understanding of Food Microbiology techniques and workflow
• Working experience in food microbiology lab or as a sales representative for at least 3 years with proven track record
• Ability for value selling approach of complex solutions and feeling comfortable with extending network and prospoection
• Skills and qualification : proficiency of MS Office, able to understand Microbiology Workflows, able to work in an International environment, autonomous, strong communication and presentation skills, emotional intelligence, target focused, capability to prioritise and manage multiple projects / opportunities in parallel, flexible and a team player, analytical thinking, customer focussed and results oriented, Need to be enthusiastic & highly committed to succeed with excellent organisation & planning skills.
Expected to be 75 % of the time on the field, interacting with customers.
bioMérieux welcomes applications from all individuals, regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, physical characteristics, social origin, disability, union membership, religion, family status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any unlawful criterion under applicable law. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and avoiding discrimination.