A family-owned company, bioMérieux has grown to become a world leader in the field of in vitro diagnostics. For 60 years and across the world, we have imagined and developed innovative diagnostics solutions to improve public health. Today, our teams are spread across 45 countries and serve 160 countries with the support of a large distribution network.
Come and join a family-owned global company with a long-term vision, and a human-centered culture.
We are seeking an Associate Sales Director UK & Ireland to join our Clinical Operations team! This position will be responsible for achieving the territory sales budget (sales, margin, contribution) and successfully driving the implementation of bioMérieux Commercial Operations strategy. The Associate Sales Director plays a key role in optimizing the sales performance by developing the sales teams competencies and challenging the sales organization.
Reporting to the Clinical Vice President UKI Cluster, the Associate Sales Director will be responsible for leading 6 direct managerial reports and their teams (approximately 24 people overall).
This role will be based in the UK with field travel expected throughout the Cluster, thus willingness to travel weekly is essential.
What will your responsibilities be within bioMérieux?
- Implement the company Commercial Operations strategy to achieve sales, revenue & profit targets and lead the development of strategic lines across market segments, through direct selling or distributors. Monitor prices policy, conditions of sale, expenses budget and manage DSO
- Be a key player in setting the annual budget sales targets , midterm strategy plans and future ambition frameworks
- Implement and refine the Commercial Model with EME liaison.
- Coordinate with the Marketing Associate Director the most adequate business approach, by ensuring prioritization of targeted markets / accounts profiles and commercial action for budget revenues achievement
- Optimize the sales organization. Participate in the recruitment, selection, development and retention of top sales talent. Manage and develop the sales team by ongoing monitoring & coaching, organizing SBO meetings, implementing relevant sales training according to Sales Capabilities OCB Curriculum and Check & Sell Assessment. Propose variable plan on line with company guidelines
- Build strong relationships with Key Opinions Leaders
- Ensure that the company quality procedures are followed by sales staff and that the company quality objectives are understood & respected
Who are you?
Studies and Experience:
- First level degree essential in either a science related or commercial business management. MBA would be preferred but not essential
- Extensive experience in commercial medical sales environment with many years in management and leadership, a proven track record of leading managers of commercial teams would be a strong advantage
- Experience of complex sales in multi-stakeholder processes
- Evidence of strong matrix leadership in an international environment
- Excellent understanding of the current NHS and/or HSE environment
- Experience in marketing would be a strong advantage
Skills and Qualifications :
- Strong leadership skills in recruitment, engagement, retention & people development.
- Management skills : expert in coaching through multiple layers of organizations
- High level of collaboration and multi-disciplinary approach
- Agile in changing environment, being active in proposing adjustments of processes, tools, organizations and policies
bioMérieux welcomes applications from all individuals, regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, physical characteristics, social origin, disability, union membership, religion, family status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any unlawful criterion under applicable law. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and avoiding discrimination.