A family-owned company, bioMérieux has grown to become a world leader in the field of in vitro diagnostics. For 60 years and across the world, we have imagined and developed innovative diagnostics solutions to improve public health. Today, our teams are spread across 45 countries and serve 160 countries with the support of a large distribution network.
Come and join a family-owned global company with a long-term vision, and a human-centered culture.
The Africa Region is looking for the Africa Clinical Marketing Director. They will be responsible for implementing and designing the marketing strategy of the clinical products in order to maximize the business results in the Africa Region within the framework of bioMérieux guidelines and strategy as well as managing the marketing team. They will report and inform the Vice President Africa about needs and opportunities on the local market.
The position will be based in one of our Africa subsidiaries: Algeria, Ivory Coast, South Africa, Kenya, Egypt or Nigeria.
What will be your responsibilities within bioMérieux?
- Define the marketing strategy of the products being carried and to be developed.
- Acquire market data and identify the position of bioMérieux in the IVD market for exploring the potential to grow. Also provide concrete data on the market trend.
- Build and implement the marketing plan to ensure that the margin and profitability of his range and installed base and to keep track of the performance of the clinical range.
- Prepare the annual sales budget, expense budget and the 3-year plan for the clinical range.
- Communicate with the Corporate Strategic Development and Marketing team to make sure that the Company marketing strategies are implemented properly at local level.
- Establish new distribution channels with the branch offices in order to increase the penetration of products.
- Manage the marketing team and facilitate their work through regular training and field guidance.
- Initiate technical and marketing training to the sales team of Africa and distributors;
- Set up a strong communication program for new products and build a network with key opinion leaders;
- Work closely with the other departments in order to facilitate product registrations, clinical trials, product evaluations and product updates.
- Report regularly on the new events in the market such as new government policies, market needs, competitors’ activities, etc to the Africa Vice President
Who are you?
- Pharmacist with Biology/Biochemistry and marketing background
- 10 years of experience in marketing and sales, experience in In Vitro Diagnostics would be highly appreciated
- Good ability for communication, team work and organization
- Good knowledge of the market and the opinion leaders
- Strong leadership skills to coach and to work with the team
- Fluent in French and English
bioMérieux welcomes applications from all individuals, regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, physical characteristics, social origin, disability, union membership, religion, family status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any unlawful criterion under applicable law. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and avoiding discrimination.