Who We Are:-
A family-owned company, bioMérieux has grown to become a world leader in the field of in vitro diagnostics. Our entrepreneurial adventure, begun over a century ago, is driven by an unrelenting commitment to improve public health worldwide.
Since 1963, we've been paving the way in the field of in vitro diagnostics and have contributed greatly to improving public health and making the world a healthier place. The solutions that our teams imagine, develop and manufacture are key to enable healthcare professionals and industry players to make confident decisions to improve patient outcome and ensure consumer safety.
It is today present in 44 countries, serves more than 160 countries with the support of a large network of distributors, and supported by more than 13,000 employees worldwide.
This exciting role will provide leadership in sales and marketing management to Malaysian Clinical team and working collaboratively with our distributors to gain dominance in IVD market. The leader will continue to develop existing business, identify new business opportunities, emerging trends and respond to the market and competitive dynamics with profitable, differentiated business strategies. The incumbent will actively executing the strategies, build, manage and develop a strong team, continuously providing guidance to distributor team.
Essential Job Responsbilities:
- Lead, manage and deliver profitable growth performance for Malaysia and Brunei. Collaborate with regional team to set and execute the strategy for the current and future.
- Communicate corporate Full Potential Initiatives vision and strategy, ensuring the alignment of the regional goals and translating them into daily activities for both internal and external partners.
- Proactively shape the environment by developing strong, trust-based relationships with regional team, customers and stakeholders, both inside and outside of Biomerieux.
- Influence public health policy to drive AMR/AMS agenda at national level.
- Sales & Marketing Management scope :
- Leading team to exceed sales, market share, & product margin target
- Develop and maintain relationships with key customers and opinion leaders
- Communicate and liaise with global and regional marketing, distribution management team
- Prepare, implement and modify, when necessary, an annual Sales & Marketing Plan
- Liaise with external providers (advertising, public relations, market research, Government departments, etc)
- Co-ordinate Corporate functions, external conferences, sales & marketing meetings
- Prepare annual sales, expense budgets and monthly, year-end forecasts
- Monitor and report monthly on sales & marketing performance
- Conduct monthly and quarterly business review meetings with internal and distributor team
- Monitor market shares, competitor activities and market trends in order to identify market opportunities
- Monitor and control the marketing and other expenses of the team
- Collaborate with function team (e.g SCM, CS, DM, HR ) to ensure smooth operation deliverables and key initiatives are well executed locally.
- Develop and maintain a “best in class” culture, constantly maintaining a mindset focused on recruiting top talent.
- Drive succession planning and professional development of all associates within Biomerieux Malaysia
- Actively coach and partner with direct reports to build and implement their development plans and conduct their performance appraisal discussions.
- Create a culture of compliance and trust. Build an effective organisational structure that supports existing and future product portfolio, as well as consistent processes and practices.
- Dedicated to utilizing CRM tools to drive opportunities and pipelines building.
- Drive Integrity & Compliance initiatives and actively create a culture of Trust, Diversity & Inclusion.
- This role reports directly to Senior Director, Asean South General Manager
Minimum Requirements - Education and Experience (in years):
- Bachelor’s degree in biological science, medical laboratory sciences or pharmacy. Knowledge of
- Medical Microbiology or infectious diseases is strongly preferred.
- At least 15 years combined senior sales and marketing management experience in IVD market, with team management experience.
- At least 10 years distributor or channel partner management experience is mandatory.
- Strong communication, analytical and negotiation skills
- Proficiency in database, spreadsheet, word processing and presentation software
- Postgraduate business management qualifications or equivalent is desired
- Demonstrated ability to manage and develop team
- Fluency in Bahasa Melayu and English is mandatory