A world leader in the field of in vitro diagnostics for over 55 years, bioMérieux provides diagnostic solutions which determine the source of disease and contamination to improve patient health and ensure consumer safety.
Our teams working across our digital transformation and information technology areas are literally changing healthcare through technology. Their various expertises are serving innovations for patients and business. Development of new solutions (hardware and software) as well as building qualitative data and insights contribute to the constant improvement of public health.
Come and join a family-owned global company with a long-term vision, and a human-centered culture.
1. PRIMARY PURPOSE AND OVERALL OBJECTIVE OF THE JOB
As primary contact, this role is responsible for cultivating and driving the commercial relationship for customer accounts in their territory, having the responsibility of the revenue and business generated with his territory of accounts. This role is responsible for pipeline management, identifying opportunities, planning and achieving sales objectives with an account management approach. Furthermore, this role is responsible for customer satisfaction and loyalty for long term partnership. This role orchestrates the priorities and actions of internal departments working with a satellite of sales experts able to bring the best value to our customers (Business Developers, AS, CEM, IT Data Specialist), and supported by experts functions when needed (Marketing, SE, Medical Affairs... etc).
Ability to have a comprehensive overview about the bioMerieux Product range and to present global solution going beyond the perimeter of our franchises (Service, Supply Chain and others).
2. MAIN ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Act as the primary contact for targeted customer accounts which will deliver the 5 year ambition for revenue and growth, in a defined territory.
- Develop deep knowledge of the customer account( i.e. long term vision and strategies, key decision-makers, buying process, internal and external situational analysis etc.)
- Understand current bioMerieux and competitor installed base and identify opportunities for bioMerieux solutions and long term partnerships.
- Ensure business tools such as CVM and CRM are used effectively and continuously updated.
- Develop strategies to build and maintain relationships and business development within accounts in order to achieve long term relationship goals and annual sales objectives (growth, turnover, margin) across all ranges, by adopting an offer and solutions approach.
- Set up the priorities to manage the account and orchestrate team work with the Sales Experts teams that will support the account development.
- Develop and execute 3-5 year account plans, sharing strategy with the "account team" and defining the actions to be carried out by wider team.
- Manage the entire sales process and has regular interactions with key decision makers outside the lab, such as C-suite (executive positions), clinicians and procurement.
- Support the customer on their project implementation and the solution appropriation.
- Coordinate the 360-degree management of the customer, supporting post sale implementation and service and support activities, liaising with Customer Service, Supply Chain, Marketing and Sales.
- Initiate specific programs, targeted investments and resource deployment (i.e. conferences, trade shows, on demand visits, etc.) for key accounts.
- Organize and lead the response for sales contract negotiations relying on the technical experts of the ranges and working with the sales teams in the field to finalize the opportunities.
- Ensure the compliance of sales activities with legal and ethical standards as well as with company policies.
3. TYPICAL STUDIES-EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor required, Post Graduate degree Business/Marketing highly preferred. Science is a plus.
- Significant experience in sales 3-5 years, preferably in the Life Science environment, and knowledge of the bioMerieux offer and the competing offer.
- Strong business acumen along with demonstrated work ethic, integrity, and professional conduct
- Ability to convince, persuade and influence
- Ability to adapt in a constantly changing environment
- Ability to turn complexity into simplicity, prioritize, decide and execute
- Ability to connect, facilitate and lead multifunctional team work, project management
- Excellent integrator & negotiator. Able to effectively influence C-Suite. Ability to judge competitive response to sales strategy and make appropriate adjustments
- Ability to work out a profitability scheme for the company and the customers
- Strong interpersonal skills, and good ability to communicate and present
- Solution oriented, creative
bioMérieux welcomes applications from all individuals, regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, physical characteristics, social origin, disability, union membership, religion, family status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any unlawful criterion under applicable law. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and avoiding discrimination.