Primary Purpose and Overall Objective of the Job:
This position is to provide solution-oriented consultative training, technical support and troubleshooting at customer sites, and remotely, on bioMérieux’s Clinical and Industry product lines. Effectively work with customers to achieve efficient implementation and go live of new instrumentation. Retain current customer business, while developing and strengthening customer relationships that result in customer loyalty and positive referrals. The Field Application Specialist promotes teamwork and cooperation, removes barriers to productivity, and creates an enthusiastic, positive work environment.
- Coordinate and provide technical training, consultation, demonstration, implementation and ongoing support of bioMérieux Canada’s Industry and Clinical product lines.
- Answer internal and external customer inquiries and ensure regulatory compliance through timely and accurate documentation in bioMérieux’s CRM system; consulting as appropriate with Sales Partners, Application Specialists, Field/System Engineers, IT Resources, Management teams, and Local/Global Customer Support Teams.
- Provide consistent follow up to ensure customer system optimization and satisfaction, meeting minimum key performance indicators.
- Responsible for efficient territory management and travelling within operating expense budget.
- Collaborate with Account Managers to support bioMérieux revenue initiatives and develop account strategies for excellent customer service and support to retain and increase business.
Studies and Experience:
- MLT and Bachelor’s or Masters (preferred) degree or equivalent in microbiology/molecular. IT & software experience is an asset.
- Three to five years clinical or industrial microbiology laboratory experience, senior or reporting capacity. bioMérieux product experience is an asset.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Demonstrate leadership and mentoring skills, able to work autonomously, effectively multitask to meet deadlines and competing priorities in a fast paced environment.
- Proficient in Windows OS, MS Office programs. CRM proficiency (reporting and dashboard) would be considered an asset.
- Exhibit sound decision-making ability, including problem resolution and troubleshooting. Customer and solution oriented.
- Laboratory Information System, or connectivity/networking experience a plus.
- A valid drivers license is required.
- Up-to-date vaccination where required by customers.