A world leader in the field of in vitro diagnostics for over 55 years, bioMérieux provides diagnostic solutions which determine the source of disease and contamination to improve patient health and ensure consumer safety.
Our teams working across our digital transformation and information technology areas are literally changing healthcare through technology. Their various expertises are serving innovations for patients and business. Development of new solutions (hardware and software) as well as building qualitative data and insights contribute to the constant improvement of public health.
Come and join a family-owned global company with a long-term vision, and a human-centered culture.
In this context, our Nigeria subsidiary is looking for a Sales Manager based in Lagos Nigeria who will achieve the country sales budget (sales, margin, contribution), driving successfully the implementation of bioMérieux Commercial Operations strategy and optimizing the sales performance by developing the sales team competences & challenging the sales organization.
This position will be based in Lagos Nigeria and will require a minimum of 50% travel time. The successful candidate will report directly to the Area Business manager - Nigeria.
What will be your responsibilities within bioMérieux?
- Manage teams of sales reps (coach, develop, recruit).
- Optimize the sales organization. Participate in the recruitment, selection, development and retention of top sales talent. Manage and develop the sales team by ongoing monitoring & coaching, organizing SBO meetings, implementing relevant sales training according to Sales Capabilities and Sell Assessment. Propose variable plan on line with company guidelines
- Prepare and execute Sales Meetings with the Sales team. Perform monthly one-to-one SBO meetings: review skills, activities, business pipeline and results. Plan the sales representatives activities and the coaching development plan for the next month. Prepare monthly, quarterly, annual sales forecasts.
- Build strong relationships with key strategic accounts within zone.
- Review reports/budgets/time and overall effective and efficient time & territory management of all direct reports (updated & accurate usage of Impact, expenses, weekly phone-ins, sales pipelines, Proposals, tenders, contracts…). Prepare detailed zone sales reports from field sales, analyze results and take corrective action to achieve sales targets.
- Build relevant sales training according to Sales Capabilities OCB Curriculum and Check & Sell assessments that result in increased sales as well as career & personal development. Develop knowledge and skills of each Account Manager (Sales Training during sales Meetings & individual Coaching during joint visits).
- Implement the company Commercial Operations strategy to achieve sales, revenue & profit targets and lead the development of strategic lines across market segments, through direct selling or distributors. Monitor prices policy, conditions of sale, expenses budget and manage Daily Sales Outstanding with rigor.
- Lead the annual sales budget process, the Long Range Plan & sales reports by consolidating sales force country data & forecasts.
- Coordinate with the Marketing Manager and Product Manager the most adequate business approach, by ensuring prioritization of targeted markets / accounts profiles and commercial action for budget revenues achievement.
- Ensure that market data are routinely and accurately tracked & updated in the customer relationship management tool.
- Ensure that the company quality procedures are followed by sales staff and that the company quality objectives are understood & respected.
Who are you?
WHO ARE YOU?
- Holder of Bachelor’s degree or above in biologic science or clinical laboratory medicine and double competence in business (Management, Sales, Marketing) appreciated.
- Commercial IVD experience, business to business and/or corporate account sales experience or management, excellent business acumen with excellent sales analysis and number skills.
- Must have 3 to 5 years Sale Management experience
Skills and Qualifications:
- Team leadership in recruitment, engagement, retention & people development.
- Management skills : proficient at coaching the sales teams according to the principle of Effective Sales planning & Sales Platform, ability to conduct motivational SBO meetings.
- Good understanding of the company strategy and national management, good IMS understanding & use. Thorough knowledge of the product lines, market trends & competitors is required.
- Agile in changing environment, being active in proposing adjustments of processes, tools, organizations and policies.
bioMérieux welcomes applications from all individuals, regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, physical characteristics, social origin, disability, union membership, religion, family status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any unlawful criterion under applicable law. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and avoiding discrimination.