Global Market Analyst, Pharma Quality Control F/H
We are looking for a Global Market Analyst dedicated to the Pharmaceutical industry markets. You will belong to the Pharma Quality Control (QC) Business Unit of the Industrial Unit of bioMérieux that offers holistic quality control expertise and solutions to pharma, biotech, CDMO manufacturers, ultimately helping them provide patients with critical therapies more quickly and safely.
bioMérieux ambitions to develop strategies to go beyond its leadership position in Microbiology by investing in highly dynamic markets (eg, Cell & Gene Therapies, Bioproduction) and in innovative technological platforms bringing pharmaceutical quality control testing at the next level.
Reporting to the Global Strategic Marketing Manager, you are responsible for helping the Marketing team and Pharma Business Unit make effective strategic and business decisions with solid market analysis based on quality insights on key markets, customers, competitors trends, on different time horizons. The scope encompasses several pharmaceutical areas in multiple markets (Global and Regional)
Main responsibilities include :
- Research, collect, analyze and report markets, customers’ and key competitors’ trends (strategic, competitor and market intelligence) and growth drivers to qualify and size potential market, dynamic and business opportunities on key strategic markets
- Conduct market research and in-depth analysis to help Marketing team or Business Development team to assess potential opportunities
- Prepare presentation on market analysis and tendencies to support the global marketing and leadership teams' decision-making on strategic priorities
- Respond to ad hoc and specific requests of market analysis (e.g. identify & analyze new market or business opportunities and possibility to scale)
- Share and communicate throughout the company on insights / trends through marketing guidelines and plans
- Assess new markets and business opportunity of technologies
- Master data collection, data analytics and data modelling techniques to identify market positioning, size accessible market and customer segments.
- Build and maintain market models
- Identify market attractiveness: various opportunities, threats and business cases
- Create & animate a community within the QC Pharma business regarding market and competitive intelligence
- Business analysis
- Consolidate competitor’s positioning data (market share, growth, profitability) to contribute to competition analysis, adjust market positioning.
- Provide market data to fill and update business cases and business plans. Ensure data consistency between forecasting models and good analytical practices within the marketing team.
- Maintain and implement data tools (databases, dashboard…) and methodologies to support business development in collaboration with segment managers, business developers and Regions
- Develop business intelligence tools to be able to produce and share market and customer insights
- Based on the market & competition analysis, design marketing recommendations and action plans
Who are you ?
- Bachelor’s degree or higher. Having > 3 year experience in global marketing function or pharmaceutical industry or life sciences is a plus.
- Having a deep understanding of the bioMérieux business environment and current market trends is a plus
- High analytics, strong investigative and research skills. Expert in programming and data modeling (eg,. Excel, tableau, salesforces)
- Strong project management skills and relationship building skills across various teams
- Creative, highly dynamic and autonomous
- You are fluent in English, and French is a plus.
- This position is located in Craponne (Lyon area, France).
bioMérieux welcomes applications from all individuals, regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, physical characteristics, social origin, disability, union membership, religion, family status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any unlawful criterion under applicable law. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and avoiding discrimination.