A family-owned company, bioMérieux has grown to become a world leader in the field of in vitro diagnostics. For 60 years and across the world, we have imagined and developed innovative diagnostics solutions to improve public health. Today, our teams are spread across 45 countries and serve 160 countries with the support of a large distribution network.
Come and join a family-owned global company with a long-term vision, and a human-centered culture.
As part of it growth strategy into food manufacturing strategic verticals, bioMérieux Industry Food Safety & Quality division is hiring a Segment Marketing Manager for the Animal Proteins and Alternatives market. The function will be part of the Global Marketing Team network and report directly to the Vice President of Global Sales and Marketing.
The Global Market Segment Manager develops, defines and implements the global strategy for the Market under his/her responsibility on the short, mid and long term in order to answer critical customer needs and ensure profitable growth for his/her segment. He/she champions the drive of the strategy and focus on opportunity creation.
- Develop a strong expertise about segment customers’ needs and market environment.
- Coordinate market surveys. Compile and analyze (eg. : market research surveys, focus groups, customer surveys,…).
- Provide conclusions & recommendations and evaluate new business opportunities when required.
- Set up business target for his/her segment (market share, growth, value, volumes, profitability), analyzing and following market trends as well as quantifying opportunities and recommending product portfolio evolution. He is responsible for the achievement of the defined targets and the implementation and follow up of the strategy to make it happen.
- Define business plan for new business opportunities. Present project and manage the Go/No Go decision making process. Make the link with Solution manager for products specifications and product business plans.
- Define the short and long term market strategy for the market segment. Write the yearly Segment Strategic plan (market trends and frame, needs, strategy: product, pricing, positioning, promotion….) and execute it in collaboration with key partners within the global marketing team. Drive awareness internally.
- Formalize the value proposition into a comprehensive solution offering according to our branding standards
- Set an appropriate communication plan as part of the Marketing Plan on his/her business vertical
- Put in place the appropriate communication network to collect and share information about market segment (key point of contact in each region, i.e. Regional Business Manager, Industry Manager, local voice for data collection, global meetings or any other appropriate way of communication to share information). Interacts with subsidiaries to ensure the right understanding of the strategy.
Who are you ?
- Dual post-graduate degree in Science and Marketing, with at least 10 years of experience in a sales or marketing environment
- Outstanding communication skills; able to present topics to C-level stakeholder (perfect mastery of the "elevator pitch" communicational style)
- Ability to work in an international and multi-cultural environment and open for business travels
- Fluent in English is a must. French or Spanish would be a plus
- Ability to use data and knowledge to challenge management judgments and beliefs; ability to take risk in an innovative way to challenge standard practices,
- Able to handle priorities and deliver commitments on time (result and progress oriented)
- High level of integrity and team spirit
bioMérieux welcomes applications from all individuals, regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, physical characteristics, social origin, disability, union membership, religion, family status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any unlawful criterion under applicable law. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and avoiding discrimination.