The Sr. HRBP acts as a strong advocate for team members while supporting business leaders across multiple locations in their areas of responsibility and providing input, implementing and managing HR policies, programs and procedures.
- Represent HR as a strategic partner and trusted advisor to our leadership and management teams as well as our employees.
- Understands the client groups’ business, key activities, priorities and strategy as well as their team members as an active member of the leadership team in Canada.
- Drive the development of a culture that embraces innovation, manages accountability and employee engagement in order to improve individual and organizational performance.
- Support Managers by ensuring the appropriate organization and staffing needs are in place, respecting the budget and constantly optimizing the resources.
- Support and advise operational managers as regards personnel management, organization and change management skills.
- Contributes to Functional Team meetings and provide team development support.
- Enables leaders in effective coaching and development of their teams.
- Advises on organizational design elements with their Business Groups as needed.
- Designs robust onboarding plans for new hires
- Advocates for the Company’s team members
- Brings proactive HR support for business initiatives.
- Enhance the skills of leaders and managers through facilitated coaching sessions in order to improve their overall leadership effectiveness.
- Drive the implementation of the HR strategy in support of short and long-term business goals, including Engagement, Development, Employee Value Proposition, Total Rewards
- Build effective, collaborative partnerships within the organization
- Provide advice and expertise to resolve employee relations, conflict management, performance management matters and/or complex business-related issues that arise.
- Act as a change agent by promoting and providing advice and support for organizational change.
- Ensures that bioMérieux HSE Management System is deployed throughout Canada. Leading processes, programs, projects and procedures at the site level for developing, implementing and continually improving management system environment and ensure compliance with all HSE regulations.
- Partner with leadership and HR teams in improving the effective delivery of HR services and processes for the client organization while integrating and sharing best practices.
- Responsible for excellent communication & collaboration with HR COEs and other HRBPs as well as Global HRBPs.
- Provide management with guidance and interpretation of applicable federal, province and local laws, regulations, corporate policies, practices, and procedures.
Studies and Experience:
- 6-10 years of experience in human resources with increasing responsibility driving business outcomes with strong organizational development skills, knowledge, and tools required
- 3+ years at a strategic HRBP level required
- Canadian HR Certification required – CPHR or CHRP preferred
- Previous HR experience in medical device/biotech field HR experience highly preferred.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Strong written and oral French and English fluency required
- Strong relationship-building skills, results and team orientation, exhibiting high levels of emotional intelligence and a commitment to the highest level of integrity are required to be successful in the role.
- Promotes energetic, collaborative teamwork
- Broad knowledge of all HR disciplines with a demonstrated knowledge of organizational development, employee relations, talent management, total reward.
- Proven Organization, Leadership, Critical thinking and effective communication skills are a must
- Demonstrated ability to balance HR requirements against business needs to provide creative solutions for business success is critical.
- Ability to influence without authority is essential.
- Proactive, high energy and self-driven
- Proficiency of Microsoft Windows applications, especially Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Effective presentation and communication skills.
- Previous experience with distributed teams, matrix management and global employees preferred
- Ability to travel up to 10-15%