A world leader in the field of in vitro diagnostics for over 55 years, bioMérieux provides diagnostic solutions which determine the source of disease and contamination to improve patient health and ensure consumer safety.
Our teams working across our digital transformation and information technology areas are literally changing healthcare through technology. Their various expertises are serving innovations for patients and business. Development of new solutions (hardware and software) as well as building qualitative data and insights contribute to the constant improvement of public health.
Come and join a family-owned global company with a long-term vision, and a human-centered culture.
The Africa Region is looking for a Financial Controller for his west and central Africa cluster. The ideal candidate will be the Finance business partner supporting the commercial operations. The position will be based in Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire.
What will your responsibilities?
- Drive the forecast and budget processes of the legal entities within the framework of the Group budget process and guarantee the respect of deadlines, procedures, and deliverables.
- Actively contribute to the closing activities in collaboration with the financial accountants to ensure accurate information and provide decision & ad hoc reporting to all business partners.
- Build the monthly reportings and perform the required reconciliations
- Perform the performance analysis with the objective to identify profit improvement opportunities & challenge accordingly the business actors, Alert the operational management and propose the necessary corrective actions
- Provide ad-hoc analysis to the management team to best take necessary decisions in the course of the daily business as well as regarding strategic topics to ensure sustainable profitability of the business, Actively contribute in the projects by producing or by validating the economic/ad’hoc studies.
- Approve and challenge the investments/purchases requests and ensure compliance of the purchase process with Group requirements
- Implement internal controls within his/her area of responsibility... Be an active actor of the Internal Control System by performing specific regular controls
- Provide leadership for continuous improvement in all areas of controlling & contribute to the evolution of the controlling tools
- Perform his/her tasks in full transparency with other Finance departments and with a collaborative spirit.
Who are you?
- Graduate from Business School
(option Finance/Controlling/Audit) or if relevant Graduate in Engineering School with significant Finance exposure and experience
- Experience in audit, internal audit, operational management control (2-5 years of experience minimum)
Skills and Qualifications:
- Skills in controlling & accounting, finance, management, office automation and database
- Excellent interpersonal skills, leadership, rigor, courage
- Analytical and synthesizing capabilities
- Ability to prepare & present data removing ambiguity or complexity.
bioMérieux welcomes applications from all individuals, regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, physical characteristics, social origin, disability, union membership, religion, family status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any unlawful criterion under applicable law. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and avoiding discrimination.