This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Salt Lake City, UT, United States
Position Type: Unfixed Term
Job Function: Manufacturing
A family-owned company, bioMérieux has grown to become a world leader in the field of in vitro diagnostics. For almost 60 years and across the world, we have imagined and developed innovative diagnostics solutions to improve public health. Today, our teams are spread across 44 countries and serve 160 countries with the support of a large distribution network. This includes our SLC site, formerly known as BioFire Diagnostics.
Business Title Array Manufacturing Automation Machine Operator
Department Reagent Manufacturing- Array
Title of Direct Supervisor Manufacturing Shift Supervisor or Manager
Description of Responsibilities
The Manufacturing Automation Machine Operator is responsible for manufacturing quality products efficiently, accurately, safely and according to regulations. The Automation Machine Operator is responsible for high volume automated equipment and in-process instrumentation to manufacture regulated products.
1. Perform all work in compliance with company policy and within the guidelines of Biomerieux’s Quality System.
2. Oversee the production process to ensure quality and efficiency targets are met per the production schedule. Requires judgement on when to escalate issues for resolution including quality issues, equipment issues, and software issues.
3. Automation machine operator is responsible for ensuring quality work is being performed, including but not limited to: proper adherence to line clearances, adherence to written procedures (WIDs, BRs, & SOPs), completion of QSR documentation, and proper identification and segregation of conforming and non-conforming product.
4. Oversee the high volume and high value of product output. Interfaces with high value equipment.
5. Maintain records in compliance with regulatory requirements, Good Manufacturing Practices, and Standard Operating Procedures.
6. Maintain organization and cleanliness of assigned production area.
7. Perform routine cleaning of assigned equipment.
8. Develop a thorough understanding of the assigned equipment in order to identify improvement opportunities.
9. Provide training when necessary to new machine operators in assigned area.
10. Operate automated production equipment.
11. Perform in-process testing to ensure product meets specifications and document results.
12. Responsible for monitoring material control requirements of materials associated with automated machine operation including released status, expiration, and scrap transactions.
13. Assist Engineering/line maintenance in machine repairs or other tasks as/if needed.
14. Load and unload raw materials and subassemblies.
15. Must be able to perform duties wearing a Powered Air Purifying Respirator (PAPR).
16. Must be able to learn and be able to hydrate inner primer plates to be used in our process.
17. Perform other duties as assigned.
Training and Education
1. External candidates must have a good understanding of contamination prevention and experience operating automated equipment.
2. Experience with electronic documentation systems is preferred.
3. Requires a high school diploma or equivalent.
Check the highest-level education required (must be job-related). Identify the discipline, where applicable:
X High School Diploma or GED
1. For internal candidates, a minimum of 6 months of manufacturing experience at Biomerieux is required.
a. Consideration will be given to applicants with less than 6 months of internal manufacturing experience if prior machine operator experience in a regulated manufacturing environment can be shown.
2. For external applicants, a minimum of 2 years as a machine operator in an FDA/ISO regulated manufacturing environment is required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
1. Must have good reading, writing, and oral communication and comprehension skills.
2. Must have a high attention to detail.
3. Must have good math skills.
4. Must be able to work in a team environment and have a positive, professional manner.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
Check if applicable
X Ability to remain in stationary position, often standing, for prolonged periods.
X Ability to ascend/descend stairs, ladders, ramps, and the like.
X Ability to wear PPE correctly most of the day.
X Ability to adjust or move objects up to 50 pounds in all directions.
Check appropriate decision-making authority below:
Decisions with long-term impact
X With supervisory review/approval required
Decisions with short-term impact
X With little-to-no supervisory review
Please be aware that recruitment related scams are on the rise. Fraudulent job postings are being placed on other websites, and individuals posing as bioMérieux Talent Acquisition team members are reaching out via email or text message in an attempt to collect your personal and confidential information. In some cases, these scammers are also conducting bogus interviews prior to extending fraudulent offers of employment. Beware of individuals reaching out using general phone numbers and non-bioMerieux email domains (i.e. Hotmail.com, Gmail.com, Yahoo.com, etc.). If you are concerned that an interview experience or offer of employment might be a scam, please make sure you are searching for the posting on our careers site https://careers.biomerieux.com/ or contact us at [email protected].
BioMérieux Inc. and its affiliates are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. Please be advised that the receipt of satisfactory responses to reference requests and the provision of satisfactory proof of an applicant’s identity and legal authorization to work in the United States are required of all new hires. Any misrepresentation, falsification, or material omission may result in the failure to receive an offer, the retraction of an offer, or if already hired, dismissal. If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you may request a reasonable accommodation in BioMérieux’s or its affiliates’ application process by contacting us via telephone at (385) 770-1132, by email at [email protected], or by dialing 711 for access to Telecommunications Relay Services (TRS).