Come be a part of our team and our mission.
At BioFire Diagnostics, LLC. we make the world a healthier place by providing molecular solutions that lessen the time to medical results and empower healthcare professionals to make better diagnostic decisions.
We are proud to be part of the bioMérieux family and the 5,000+ team members across 12 sites and subsidiaries in North America committed to our mission to help save lives around the globe through the power of diagnostics.
BioFire is looking for a licensed journeyman HVAC/R to supervise and repair all HVAC issues and maintenance at our current locations. This HVAC Technician inspects, installs, troubleshot/repairs and replaces, pumps compressors controls, piping, chillers, boilers, heat pumps, ETC.
Interprets blueprints and works from sketches or verbal instructions. Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures and compliance with local codes. Estimates time and material costs on HVAC/R projects and requisitions new materials and equipment. Applies advanced skills to the position or specialization. Adapts procedures, processes, tools, equipment and techniques to accomplish the requirements of the position. Duties and tasks reflect variety and complexity. Assignments can be broad in nature and may require originality and ingenuity. May serve as a resource to others in the resolution of problems and issues. Works under general supervision. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish assigned tasks and goals. May orient, train, assign and check the work of lower level employees.
Principal Job Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Support general facilities activities in areas of plumbing and other areas as required
2. Perform all job duties under the direction and supervision of higher level staff
3. Install, repair, and replace building HVAC/R equipment
4. Perform preventative and corrective maintenance activities
5. Inspects facilities and equipment
6. Provide excellent customer service
7. Work effectively with outside vendors and contractors
8. Communicate effectively and professionally
9. Cooperate with other technicians in completing assigned job duties
10. Work from drawings, email, electronic systems and/or verbal instructions using a variety of hand and power tools
11. Safely operate company vehicles
12. Perform all work in compliance with company policy and within the guidelines of BFDX’s Quality System.Minimum Qualifications
Must have at least 4 years journeyman experience in commercial HVAC/R. Must have strong background in chillers, cooling towers Boilers, air compressors, pumps and controls.