Vice President Corporate Communications - North America
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Salt Lake City, UT, United States
Position Type: Unfixed Term
Job Function: Human Resources & Communications
At BioFire Diagnostics, LLC. we make the world a healthier place by providing molecular solutions that lessen the time to medical results and empower healthcare professionals to make better diagnostic decisions.
We are proud to be part of the bioMérieux family and the 5,000+ team members across 12 sites and subsidiaries in North America committed to our mission to help save lives around the globe through the power of diagnostics.
Come be a part of our team and our mission as a Senior Director of Corporate Communications!
As a leader in the North America Region, the Senior Director of Corporate Communication develops strategic communication programs that will help achieve the company’s vision and strategy while positively influencing objectives at the Region level. This position aligns media communications, corporate and social responsibility and other communication channels to disseminate information while maintaining a strong reputation with stakeholders internally and externally. This role, reporting to the VP, Global Corporate Communications & CSR, supervises, mentors and leads a team responsible for executing this strategy in the core areas of Press Relations, Internal Communications, Digital Communication, etc. Main Accountabilities/Responsibilities:
- Work closely with Global Communications to develop and deliver a communication plan that will help to achieve the Company's vision and strategy.
- Partner with the NA Leadership to achieve Regional goals and objectives by developing a comprehensive communication strategy encompassing the internal, and external initiatives aligned with Global strategic objectives
- Develop integrated strategic communications plan to advance the Company's brand identity and broaden awareness of its core priorities around antimicrobial stewardship, sepsis, value of diagnostics, etc.
- Guide the development and implementation of bioMérieux’s messaging and voice, taking into consideration the highly regulated environment to key audiences.
- Develop and executive varied and integrated communications channels, including US website, social media, media and public relations and other communications to the general public and high-level external audiences.
- Craft and deliver crisis communications and Executive Communication
Studies - Experience:
- Knowledge of marketing tools, techniques and ability processes to develop and deploy successfully
- Knowledge of how to strategically gain brand awareness and drive business activity through effective PR and other innovative communications techniques
- Expert corporate communication (including demonstrated knowledge of online/web communication), editorial and project management expertise.
- Knowledge of quality systems and principles
Skills and Qualifications:
- S/B.A in Public Relations, Marketing, Business Communications or related field; MBA is a plus
- 10+ years’ experience in corporate communications, experience in healthcare is preferred
- Experience in managing clinical and medical related communication or education is a plus
- Formal product and/or marketing management experience is a plus
- Strong motivational leadership and cross functional collaboration skills
- Experience in development and execution of a corporate communication plan in terms of crisis communications, merger & acquisitions and other specific events
- Ability to inspire and motivate leadership and management to engage in non-conventional thinking for engagement & communications opportunities
- Possess a high level of creativity to build and maintain a competitive edge
- Ability to drive 3rd party groups to deliver increased services of value to the organization
- Ability to craft press releases and corporate communications to drive public relation activities
- Maturity to manage stresses of multiple opportunities and achievement of business objectives
- Ability to think on your feet, rapidly understand complex questions and objections; effectively responding in a way that answers to the questioners’ satisfaction.
- Well organized, results oriented and able to work with minimal supervision in a multicultural context