Come be a part of our team and our mission
At BioFire Diagnostics, LLC. we make the world a healthier place by providing molecular solutions that lessen the time to medical results and empower healthcare professionals to make better diagnostic decisions.
We are proud to be part of the bioMérieux family and the 5,000+ team members across 12 sites and subsidiaries in North America committed to our mission to help save lives around the globe through the power of diagnostics.
Responsible for participating in the planning, implementation and maintenance of the cost accounting system. Major responsibilities include accurate and timely analysis, as well as reporting and compliance activities.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform all work in compliance with company policy and within the guidelines of BioFire Diagnostics’ Quality System.
- Create, implement and monitor cost / management accounting system and procedures.
- Responsible for monitoring and reporting on manufacturing budgets and variances.
- Participates in and prepares Bill of Material (BOM) set up, maintenance and costing review for manufactured items.
- Maintains integrity of general ledger transactions.
- Responsible for analyzing, reconciling, and reviewing inventory valuation reports.
- Performs account analysis and reconciliations.
- Prepares recommendations, supports and implements alternatives to work processes that will increase efficiencies and quality of financial reporting.
- Monitors inventory activities from purchase of raw material through the production process to finished goods.
- Prepares cost and variance analysis associated with the month, quarter and year-end close, prepares related reports, and meets reporting deadlines.
- Development of product cost models: material usage, material cost, equipment requirements, and labor rates, labor cycle times, overhead, tooling, and capital requirements for new business or changes to current business.
- Monitors standard work procedures for product cost tracking.
- Prepares cost models, budget models and new standards.
- Prepares budget to actual variance reports.
- Prepares month, quarter and year-end reports and presentation data.
- Performs complex analyses of specific cost centers and variances.
- Performs and analyzes cost trends.
- Prepares manufacturing variance reporting.
- Prepares purchase price variance (PPV) reporting.
- Performs semi-finished goods Master Data set up and review.
- Performs other general accounting and administrative tasks as required.
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned.
Training and Education
Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related degree with emphasis in cost accounting, audit, or operations.
Cost Accountant I
1+ years of relevant accounting experience.
Cost Accountant II
3+ years of relevant accounting experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
In depth knowledge of Cost Accounting and business systems and best practices.
ERP experience required; SAP experience preferred.
Proficient at Microsoft Office.
Strong internal customer service skills.
Demonstrated strong project management and time management skills.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
May be required to lift boxes containing documents weighing about 10-20lbs.