***SIGN ON BONUS OFFERED***• $500 on first pay check
• $500 after 6 months of employment
At BioFire Diagnostics, LLC. we make the world a healthier place by providing molecular solutions that lessen the time to medical results and empower healthcare professionals to make better diagnostic decisions.
We are proud to be part of the bioMérieux family and the 5,000+ team members across 12 sites and subsidiaries in North America committed to our mission to help save lives around the globe through the power of diagnostics.
Come be a part of our team and our mission as a Manufacturing Technician Trainee!PLEASE NOTE: This position will work 12 hour shifts from 6:00 PM - 6:00 AM.
Manufacturing Technicians are responsible for manufacturing assigned products efficiently, accurately, safely and on time. Operates manufacturing equipment and in-process instrumentation to manufacture regulated products in accordance to regulatory requirements, company policy and safety regulations. Works on assignments that are routine in nature where ability to recognize deviation from accepted practice is required. Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform all work in compliance with company policy and within the guidelines of BioFire Diagnostics’ Quality System.
- Learns and execute on the processes and production equipment necessary to manufacture and assemble regulated products and sub-assemblies including medical devices
- Operates various automated, semi-automated, and manual production equipment
- Maintains records in compliance with regulatory requirements, Good Manufacturing Practices, and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Relies on instructions and pre-established written guidelines to perform job functions.
- Responsible for maintaining organization and cleanliness of all designated manufacturing areas.
- Works effectively with team members on assembly line under the direction of a Trainer or senior team member.
- May assist with in-process testing to assure batches meet specifications.
- Provide training when necessary to the new technicians in area.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Training & Education: High School diploma or equivalent.
Experience: This is an entry-level role. No previous experience is required; however, previous directly related experience is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to effectively communicate, both written and verbal, in English
- Effective interpersonal skills with the ability to function successfully as a member of a team.
- Must be able to read and follow production documents such as SOPs and WIDs as well as verbal instruction on the assembly line.
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks with few mistakes/errors
- Must be able to work effectively in a fast-paced, high-volume work environment
- Consistent time and attendance
- Completes work in a safe manner and contributes to the overall safety of the work environment.
- Act in a professional and positive manner.
- Attention to detail and ability to recognize deviations in the manufacturing of the product.
Physical Requirements: Must be able to perform duties wearing a Powered Air Purifying Respirator (PAPR) and other Personal Protective Equipment, and be able to safely lift and maneuver up to 50 lbs. Requires fine motor dexterity.