BioFire Diagnostics, LLC. is looking for a System Support Engineer to join our growing team! The System Support Engineer (SSE) provides applications and technical support for BioFire products, network connectivity and utilization, along with general software and applications support for BioFire’s customers and distribution partners.
The System Support Engineer assists customers, Laboratory Information Systems (LIS) vendors, and field and customer support teams. They must be able to effectively interact with lab technologists, lab supervisors, lab managers, lab directors, LIS specialists, and Information Technology (IT) personnel. The System Support Engineer also serves as a customer advocate within internal project teams and will be involved in product improvement, launch and deployment.
Principle Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Guide customers through the process of LIS interface implementation from start to finish.
- Assist customers with installation and configuration of software enhancements and upgrades.
- Complete IT security questionnaires as requested by customers.
- Perform advanced troubleshooting of software and hardware systems at customer sites.
- Provide technical assistance to field and customer support teams.
- Provide technical training to internal teams.
- Provide feedback to development teams to improve products.
- Travel to customer sites as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, or other related field, or 3+ years of work experience with software and system level engineering (without a Bachelor’s degree)
In addition, the candidate would ideally have the following:
- Experience working with Laboratory Information Systems
- Experience troubleshooting hardware and software applications in a healthcare environment
- Knowledge of general IT infrastructure and networking principles
- Knowledge of cybersecurity measures and concerns within a regulated environment
- Ability to understand and articulate technical concepts
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent customer service skills
- May occasionally be required to transport and lift up to 50 lbs.