A world leader in the field of in vitro diagnostics for over 55 years, bioMérieux provides diagnostic solutions that detect disease and contamination to improve patient health and ensure consumer safety. bioMérieux's global headquarters is located in Marcy L'Étoile, France, and we have more than 11,200 team members in 44 countries. With our distributor network, we serve more than 160 countries. bioMérieux, Inc. sponsors public health initiatives and partnerships to address antimicrobial resistance, sepsis awareness, food safety, and consumer health. Our passionate team members recognize the power of diagnostics and rally behind our mission to help save lives.
The bioMérieux Ethics & Compliance Program reduces risks of noncompliance and encourages a culture of integrity by providing practical advice, resources, and structures to ensure compliance with laws, regulations and Company policies on a global basis. It reinforces bioMerieux's reputation as a trusted partner in public health. The North America Compliance Officer leads this program in the North America region. Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement processes and systems to identify and manage risks in the Region, in alignment with global Ethics and Compliance Strategy.
- Represent the Ethics & Compliance Department to the Regional leadership team and exercise leadership and oversight of initiatives to embed a compliance culture into the Region, including raising and reinforcing employee awareness of risks of illegal, unethical, or improper conduct.
- Work cross-functionally with employees at all levels to ensure efficient integration of the compliance program into business processes. Oversee Local Compliance Teams (composed of local leadership) activities to ensure implementation of compliance initiatives.
- Provide practical, risk-mitigating solutions to compliance concerns in the Region.
- Implement monitoring and control mechanisms for high risk third parties. Act as a gatekeeper on high risk activities.
- Monitor relevant new legal and regulatory developments in the region and implement necessary changes, in coordination with other departments.
- With E&C colleagues, select, develop, and follow-up on elearning courses. Develop and execute local supplementary training and communications, based on local needs.
- Manage compliance investigations in the region, including oversight of investigation of reports received through the EthicsLine or from other sources, coordinating with HR and management in the development and implementation of appropriate discipline and other corrective actions, and enforcement of the non-retaliation policy.
- At least 7 years of relevant work experience in legal, audit, risk, or compliance including at least 5 years of working experience in a compliance function, preferably in the healthcare industry.
- Masters or law degree preferred, unless equivalent experience is demonstrated.
- Strong reputation for integrity, ethics, personal values and solid character.
- Deep understanding of how to analyze regulations and develop and implement policies to ensure compliance.
- Maturity and decisiveness, including the ability to frame complex issues to support quick decision-making, as well as an understanding of business to know how and when to escalate issues.
- Ability to manage many high risk, high pressure projects/issues at once and prioritize effectively based on risk.
- Proactive and motivated by results, with little need for oversight.
- Collaborative team-oriented approach to work, supporting the successes of others.
- High emotional intelligence and engagement skills, with the confidence to interact globally at all levels of the company.
- Strong cross-cultural communication skills with the ability to effectively convey the company's core ethical values at all levels of the company.
- Knowledge of anticorruption laws, transparency laws, healthcare marketing regulations, government guidance and regulation of compliance programs, and compliance best practices.
Joining bioMérieux, is choosing to join an innovative company with a long term vision, committed to the service of public health and carried out with a humanistic corporate culture. Our Group offers numerous possibilities: so come and join the 11,200 bioMérieux team members who already identify with these values!
bioMérieux is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer. M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/GINA.
Job ID: 14248