A world leader in the field of in vitro diagnostics for over 55 years, bioMérieux provides diagnostic solutions that detect disease and contamination to improve patient health and ensure consumer safety. bioMérieux's global headquarters is located in Marcy L'Étoile, France, and we have more than 11,200 team members in 43 countries. With our distributor network, we serve more than 160 countries. bioMérieux, Inc., our Americas division, has more than 4,000 team members across 12 sites or subsidiaries. Our Americas headquarters is in Durham, NC, with nearly 1,200 team members. bioMérieux, Inc. sponsors public health initiatives and partnerships to address antimicrobial resistance, sepsis awareness, food safety, and consumer health. Our passionate team members recognize the power of diagnostics and rally behind our mission to help save lives. Position Summary:
It is not every day that you can say the software you helped develop will save hundreds or thousands of lives per year, but at bioMérieux, we put innovation to work in life-saving diagnostic devices deployed across the world.
With engineering centers in St. Louis, France, and Italy, our Systems Development team collaborates globally to build products that ensure patient health and consumer safety.
From antibiotic susceptibility testing to organism identification with mass spectrometry, bioMérieux offers challenging opportunities in a science-based domain with a public health focus. If you're passionate about solving real-world problems, you'll find a home in our team of expert software developers, engineers, and microbiologists. Click Here to "Be More" - With the bioMérieux Systems Development Team Main Accountabilities:
The Software Cloud Developer will design and develop software for internal R&D departments who are responsible for creating innovate IVD solutions.
- Work with and mentor developers on a component of the system to meet your design goals.
- Work with a system architect to define components responsibilities, plan components evolution, and ensure components will meet system needs.
- Work with software testers to ensure the system supports both automated and manual test needs.
- Work with microbiology experts and business analysts to learn microbiology and balance requirements with technical complexity.
- BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or related scientific discipline, similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience
- Ability to develop and document deliverables compliant with established company design control and regulatory statutes
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English.
- Spring, JPA/Hibernate, SOA, REST services using Spring Boot and Swagger
- Authentication Protocols in AWS, Windows and Linux
- SSL communication
- OO analysis and design experience using Design Patterns
- Automated unit and integration testing
- Design and development of relational databases.
- ISO/FDA regulated environment as a member of a product development organization (medical device or biotech industry).
- Tomcat/JBOSS servers
- Linux command line usage experience
- Scripting language (Python, Groovy, Bash, etc )
- Version control system ( Subversion, Git )
- Build technologies like Gradle, Maven, Jenkins
- AWS (EC2, S3, Lambda Functions, ECS, EKS, RDS)
- Iterative software development methodologies and/or Agile
Joining bioMérieux, is choosing to join an innovative company with a long term vision, committed to the service of public health and carried out with a humanistic corporate culture. Our Group offers numerous possibilities: so come and join the 11,200 bioMérieux team members who already identify with these values!
bioMérieux is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer. M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/GINA
Job ID: 6925