A world leader in the field of in vitro diagnostics for over 55 years, bioMérieux provides diagnostic solutions that detect disease and contamination to improve patient health and ensure consumer safety. In North America we have more than 5,000 team members across 12 sites or subsidiaries, including Salt Lake City based BioFire Diagnostics. We believe in the power of diagnostics and bioMérieux sponsors public health initiatives and partnerships to address antimicrobial resistance, sepsis awareness, food safety, and consumer health across the globe. Come be a part of our mission to help save lives. Position Summary: Responsibilities:
- Direct support of all USP Water Systems & Autoclaves at the bioMerieux, Inc. Durham Manufacturing Facility
- Performing preventive/corrective maintenance activities.
- Mechanical and/or electrical troubleshooting of specialized equipment that have a direct impact to site manufacturing activities and product quality.
- Champion failure root cause analysis.
- Take an active role in the continuous improvement of departmental systems/infrastructure.
- Be an active contributor to the Production Maintenance & Reliability team.
Main Accountabilities: Performs, documents, and improves procedures and Preventative Maintenance Activities. Maintains/Operates (and as necessary troubleshoots) USP Water Systems & Autoclaves with minimal supervision within a team environment. Performs corrective maintenance activities as necessary and in compliance with site documentation and change control requirements. Champions root cause analysis and continuous improvement to equipment /systems driving toward increasing reliability and minimizing the incidence of unplanned downtime to production equipment. Studies and Experience:
- Maintain production equipment to perform as designed.
- Support production to achieve output goals.
- Deliver a quality product.
Skills and Qualifications: Ability to read ladder logic, troubleshoot PLC's, electrical systems, and AC/DC drive systems And / Or Strong mechanical skills, USP Water and Autoclave experience preferred. Experienced in the operation of high speed, highly automated, production equipment (in a GMP environment within the last 6 years). Basic Computer Skills required; must be experienced and proficient in the use of:
- Associate's Degree, or minimum 4 years of maintenance experience focused on support of production equipment required.
Excellent documentation and communication skills (written & verbal). Strong attention to detail and GMP experience. Ability to work successfully autonomously and as an active contributor on a team/shift. Willingness to work towards driving improvement within and external to the department as a Maintenance & Reliability team representative.. Additional Information:
- Windows Operating Systems
- Basic Microsoft Office tools (specifically Word & Excel)
- Ability to climb stairs to perform work on the mezzanine.
- Ability to work 12 hour shifts on a 2/2/3 schedule.
- Ability to work overtime (including weekend / holiday work) as required.
- working hours 6:30p-7:00a
Joining bioMérieux, is choosing to join an innovative company with a long term vision, committed to the service of public health and carried out with a humanistic corporate culture. Our Group offers numerous possibilities: so come and join the 13,000 bioMérieux team members who already identify with these values!
bioMérieux is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer. M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/GINA.
Job ID: 15679 Nearest Major Market:
Durham Nearest Secondary Market: