A world leader in the field of in vitro diagnostics for over 55 years, bioMérieux provides diagnostic solutions that detect disease and contamination to improve patient health and ensure consumer safety. bioMérieux's global headquarters is located in Marcy L'Étoile, France, and we have more than 11,200 team members in 44 countries. With our distributor network, we serve more than 160 countries. bioMérieux, Inc., our Americas division, has more than 4,000 team members across 12 sites or subsidiaries. Our Americas headquarters is in Durham, NC, with nearly 1,200 team members. bioMérieux, Inc. sponsors public health initiatives and partnerships to address antimicrobial resistance, sepsis awareness, food safety, and consumer health. Our passionate team members recognize the power of diagnostics and rally behind our mission to help save lives. What will your responsibilities be within bioMérieux?
As the primary contact, the Account Manager is responsible for cultivating and driving the commercial relationships for customer accounts in their territory, as well as achieving individual territory sales budget. Main accountabilities include:
Who are you?
- Act as the main contact for customers in a defined territory.
- Develop the knowledge at the customer site identifying all decision makers, competitor assets and customer related incidents and being responsible for ensuring this is captured in CRM.
- Develop relations at all levels of management in the instutition, from the top to the bottom
- Strategic account management to maintain relationships and grow/achieve annual sales objectives.
- Manage the entire sales process and define and communicate the actions to be carried out with the support of internal experts.
- Assist in generating tender responses and lead negotiations and discussions until the signing of sales contracts, relying on the business developers to finalise the opportunities.
- Ensure close communication with the business developers and/or hierarchical management for the account strategy in relation to labchains and central purchasing agencies.
- Ensure the compliance of sales activities, commercial policy, and company policies.
- Any other duties as required.
Studies and Experience:
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science required, Post Graduate degree Business/Marketing highly preferred.
- Significant experience in sales, preferably in the Life Science environment, and knowledge of the bioMérieux offer and the competing offer.
- Ability to have a comprehensive overview about bioMérieux's product ranges
- Strong business acumen along with demonstrated work ethic, integrity, and professional conduct
- Leadership and ability to convince, persuade and influence
- Ability to adapt in a constantly changing environment
- Ability to turn complexity into simplicity, prioritize, decide and execute
- Ability to connect, facilitate and co-ordinate multifunctional team work
- Excellent integrator & negotiator. C-Suite trained. Ability to judge competitive response to sales strategy and make appropriate adjustments
- Strong interpersonal skills, and good ability to communicate and present
- Solution oriented, creative
Fluent in Dutch and good command of English
Joining bioMérieux, is choosing to join an innovative company with a long term vision, committed to the service of public health and carried out with a humanistic corporate culture. Our Group offers numerous possibilities: so come and join the 11,200 bioMérieux team members who already identify with these values!
bioMérieux is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer. M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/GINA.
Job ID: 14125