A world leader in the field of in vitro diagnostics for over 55 years, bioMérieux conceives, develops, produces and markets diagnostics solutions (systems, reagents, software and services) intended for clinical and industrial applications, which determine the origin of a disease or a contamination to improve the health of patients and insure consumer safety.
bioMérieux is present in 44 countries and serves more than 160 countries with the support of a large network of distributors. Its corporate headquarters are located in Marcy l'Étoile, near Lyon, in France. Joining bioMérieux is choosing to be a part of an innovative company with a long term vision, committed to the service of public health and carried out with a humanist corporate culture. Our Company offers numerous opportunities for professional development.
You want to help save lives across the globe? Join the 12,000 employees of bioMérieux!
We are looking for a Customer Supply Supervisor for Germany (m/w/d) located in Nürtingen close to Stuttgart PRIMARY SCOPE
Support operationally the Customer Supply and Instrument Management activities to ensure customer satisfaction through order management, delivery and invoicing, complaint management. Support management process together with leadership team. Main Accountabilities
This is what you bring to the job
- Act as backup for the Customer Supply Manager (Including team management - objectives evaluation, HR challenges, trainings.)
- You take the sales meetings' leadership for Customer Supply and Instrument Management
- Your dailiy work consists of 50% opertaional and 50% managerial tasks. You ensure operational effectiveness and accuracy monitoring
- Order management process monitoring for reagents and orders processing for equipment in SAP
- Customer master data records management
- Claim process monitoring and returns / credit notes approvals
- Invoicing process for reagents, equipment and services
- KPIs monitoring
- Local and global projects participation (Supply Chain leadership for selected projects)
- Continuous improvement for supply chain and cross domain processes
- Effective collaboration with local customer service, sales and financial teams
- Close cooperation with global SC functions and Shared Service Center
- Minimum Bachelor degree in Logistics/Supply Chain / Customer Service
- Experience: min 3 years for operational tasks (Supply Chain / Customer Service + min 1 year for people management (also indirectly)
- Good knowledge SAP (SD)
- International mindset, ability to adjust in multicultural environment, good relational skills
- Good ability for communication, team work and organization, networking within and outside the company
- Strong ability to work with other departments, to be proactive in continuous improvements of the processes and performance in his/her area
- You are prepared to travel 5% of your time(during pandemic of COVID-19 less the keep safety) (
- In your daily work, you operate exclusively in German, however, with the international colleagues, you are able to communicate in English
Working at bioMérieux means being involved long term with a pioneering, visionary and constantly growing company that allows its employees to live a stimulating and inspiring experience in a fulfilling work environment.
Our internal mobility policy offers numerous opportunities for each of our 12 000 employees to blossom throughout their career, while respecting each employee's individual talents as well as their personal and professional development. At bioMérieux, over 200 professions - both scientific and non-scientific - offer our employees the opportunity to broaden their fields of expertise and develop cross-functional careers. We provide a rewarding experience in an international company that brings together talents from diverse backgrounds, thus fostering a daily aspiration to go beyond the limits.
Helping improve public health around in the world : our mission gives purpose to every profession practiced within the company. We are looking foward to your application (which is welcome in German or English language)!
Job ID: 13801