A world leader in the field of in vitro diagnostics for over 55 years, bioMérieux provides diagnostic solutions that detect disease and contamination to improve patient health and ensure consumer safety. bioMérieux's global headquarters is located in Marcy L'Étoile, France, and we have more than 11,200 team members in 44 countries. With our distributor network, we serve more than 160 countries. bioMérieux, Inc., our Americas division, has more than 4,000 team members across 12 sites or subsidiaries. bioMérieux, Inc. sponsors public health initiatives and partnerships to address antimicrobial resistance, sepsis awareness, food safety, and consumer health. Our passionate team members recognize the power of diagnostics and rally behind our mission to help save lives. Position Summary:
Context of the Job and Major Challenges:
- Participate and assist in planning and conducting activities to develop new products or methods/techniques within BioMerieux Clinical Microbiology product portfolio in full compliance with current quality and safety standards
- Provide assistance with chemical analysis and technical support for the analysis of new drugs, raw materials, and headspace gases.
- Product research and development/support: Provides support in performing routine analysis and method development by independently executing routine experiments. Participates in the execution of validation protocols.
- Communication: Communicates results or problems to supervisor. Summarize data and write reports. Present scientific results in written and/or oral form in departmental meetings.
- Coordinate with external vendors if needed, remote departments and other company resources as necessary to advance and complete projects.
- Documentation: Generates documentation detailing new and established protocols and procedures in accordance with standards.
- Technical guidance: Responsible for data collection and accurate data analysis. Creates and presents reports on conducted experiments, as well as contributes to the interpretation of results together with the team.
Studies, Experience, Skills and Qualifications:
- Operate, maintain, and troubleshoot lab equipment including: GC, HPLC-UV, LC/MS/MS, ion chromatography, spectrophotometer, hood, pH meter, balance, water purification system, and other general lab equipment.
- Work cross-functionally with other departments to plans experiments based on project needs and able to execute per prioritization to meet timelines.
- Design standard experiments to optimize experimental performance.
- Prepare standard solutions and reagents.
- Execute stability and boundary (edge of failure) studies designed by senior members.
- Determine cation/anion concentrations in raw materials, in-process, and finished products.
- Extract and quantitate drug concentrations in complex culture media.
- Responsible for the order and maintenance of equipment used in assigned activities.
- Follow company health & safety policies for using chemicals and disposal of chemical waste.
- Generate and provide protocols and procedures for department.
- Contribute to new analytical technologies for application in development of new or support of existing products.
- Bachelor's Degree in Chemistry or applicable Life Sciences Degree
- Previous HPLC experience required
- Has good understanding of company products, methods, and techniques
- Competency with Microsoft Word and Excel required
- Knowledge of cGMP and FDA regulations.
- Proficient in skills necessary for good laboratory safety.
- Good oral and written communications skills in English.
- Ability to effectively organize, multitask, and work in a fast-paced, deadline driven work environment with attention to detail.
- Achievement oriented individual possessing intellectual curiosity
- Analytical thinking
- Flexible with ability to work independently to achieve goals while working apart from direct supervision
- Fundamental understanding of scientific method, & necessary rigor for data collection to support conclusions, a major plus.
Joining bioMérieux, is choosing to join an innovative company with a long term vision, committed to the service of public health and carried out with a humanistic corporate culture. Our Group offers numerous possibilities: so come and join the 11,200 bioMérieux team members who already identify with these values!
bioMérieux is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer. M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/GINA.
Job ID: 13073