A world leader in the field of in vitro diagnostics for over 55 years, bioMérieux conceives, develops, produces and markets diagnostics solutions (systems, reagents, software and services) intended for clinical and industrial applications, which determine the origin of a disease or a contamination to improve the health of patients and insure consumer safety.
bioMérieux is present in 44 countries and serves more than 160 countries with the support of a large network of distributors. Its corporate headquarters are located in Marcy l'Étoile, near Lyon, in France.
Joining bioMérieux is choosing to be a part of an innovative company with a long term vision, committed to the service of public health and carried out with a humanist corporate culture.
Our Company offers numerous opportunities for professional development. You want to help save lives across the globe? Join the 12,000 employees of bioMérieux!
An exciting vacancy has arisen for an Account Manager covering Scotland. Reporting to the Business Manager for the region, this position will be the primary contact for customers, responsible for cultivating and driving the commercial relationship for customer accounts to achieve territory sales budget target.
This role will work closely with the Business developers in their relevant specialisms and will ideally be based in central belt in Scotland. Those based in Newcastle and willing to travel would also be acceptable. What will your responsibilities be at bioMérieux?
Main accountabilities include:
Who are you? Studies-Experience:
- Act as the main contact for customers in Scotland territory.
- Develop the knowledge at the customer site identifying all decision makers, competitor assets and customer related incidents and being responsible for ensuring this is captured in CRM.
- Develop relations at all levels of management in the institution for a holistic view.
- Strategic account management to maintain relationships and grow/achieve annual sales objectives with a comprehensive overview of all bioMérieux product range.
- Manage the entire sales process and define and communicate the actions to be carried out with the support of internal experts.
- Assist in generating tender responses and lead negotiations and discussions until the signing of sales contracts, relying on the business developers to finalise the opportunities.
- Present Managed service contract (MSC) Reconciliation Data to customers at required frequency
- Ensure close communication with the business developers and/or hierarchical management for the account strategy in relation to labchains and central purchasing agencies.
- Ensure the compliance of sales activities, commercial policy, and company policies.
- Any other duties as required
Competencies and Required Skills:
- Bachelor of science requited, post graduate degree in Business or Marketing is highly desirable.
- Significant experience in sales role, ideally in Life science environment
- Knowledge of the bioMérieux offer and the competing offer
- Ability to have a comprehensive overview about bioMerieux Product range
- Strong business acumen along with demonstrated work ethic, integrity, and professional conduct - Leadership and ability to convince, persuade and influence
- Ability to adapt in a constantly changing environment -
- Ability to turn complexity into simplicity, prioritize, decide and execute
- Ability to connect, facilitate and co-ordinate multifunctional team work
- Excellent integrator & negotiator. C-Suite trained. Ability to judge competitive response to sales strategy and make appropriate adjustments
- Strong interpersonal skills, and good ability to communicate and present
- Solution oriented, creative
A competitive offer with training, car or cash allowance, pension and other benefits are part of the package.
Working at bioMérieux means being involved long term with a pioneering, visionary and constantly growing company that allows its employees to live a stimulating and inspiring experience in a fulfilling work environment
Our internal mobility policy offers numerous opportunities for each of our 12 000 employees to blossom throughout their career, while respecting each employee's individual talents as well as their personal and professional development.
At bioMérieux, over 200 professions - both scientific and non-scientific - offer our employees the opportunity to broaden their fields of expertise and develop cross-functional careers. We provide a rewarding experience in an international company that brings together talents from diverse backgrounds, thus fostering a daily aspiration to go beyond the limits.
Helping improve public health around in the world : our mission gives purpose to every profession practiced within the company.
bioMérieux is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer. M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/GINA.
Job ID: 12354