A world leader in the field of in vitro diagnostics for over 55 years, bioMérieux conceives, develops, produces and markets diagnostics solutions (systems, reagents, software and services) intended for clinical and industrial applications, which determine the origin of a disease or a contamination to improve the health of patients and insure consumer safety.
bioMérieux is present in 44 countries and serves more than 160 countries with the support of a large network of distributors. Its corporate headquarters are located in Marcy l'Étoile, near Lyon, in France.
Joining bioMérieux is choosing to be a part of an innovative company with a long term vision, committed to the service of public health and carried out with a humanist corporate culture.
Our Company offers numerous opportunities for professional development. You want to help save lives across the globe? Join the 12,000 employees of bioMérieux!
An exciting vacancy has arisen for a Business Developer Syndromic. Reporting to the Business Manager for the region, this position will be the business developer for the molecular syndromic solutions through product technical aspect & medical value. You will be responsible for following up qualified leads and converting these into buying and prescribing customers and collaborating with the account managers and Business developer Molecular to propose the best offer to our customers and achieve the overall sales target and growth for Molecular Range.
This role will work closely with the Account Managers in South of UK. The ideal candidate will be in London or near London/southern England. What will your responsibilities be at bioMérieux?
Main accountabilities include:
Who are you? Studies-Experience:
- Analyse strategic decision making in the hospital and understand customer needs.
- Identify and convince decision makes and influencers. Propose technical, financial and clinical solutions ( Clinicians and C-Suite).
- Collect insights from healthcare providers regarding the clinical and diagnostic management of Infectious Diseases and use this information to prepare the way for more appropriate and wider usage of the products.
- Organise and perform clinical visits to increase consumption of the installed base.
- Collaborate closely with Account Manager and Business Developer Molecular to have the best offer to the customer with other bioMérieux products
- Support Account Managers in pre sales works and provide tenders support.
- Organize interface between decision makers and key player in the company and participate to regional congresses.
- Set up evaluations in line with marketing department scientific protocol requirements.
- Ensure a sufficient number of visits to clinicians respecting the "norm"/objective set in the territory. Respect the basics of bioMérieux Sales Excellence principles.
- Ensure the compliance of sales activities, commercial policy, and company policies.
- Any other duties as required
Competencies and Required Skills:
- Bachelor of science requited, PHD in biology/infectious diseases ideally with a specialisation in Molecular and a combined business degree.
- Significant experience in sales role, ideally in Life science environment
- Knowledge of the bioMérieux offer and the competing offer
- Cutting-edge scientific understanding and technical expertise in molecular diagnostics is a plus
- Product knowledge and ability to develop scientific communication/promotional initiatives
- Analytical and decision making skills
- Excellent business and strategic planning and execution capabilities with drive for results
- Passionate about achieving timelines taking cost and quality into consideration
- Customer focus
- Ability to develop and foster peer-to-peer, credible relationships with health-care professionals
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with cross-functional teams
- Leader and motivator
- Solid communication and presentation skills
- Understanding of relevant ethical and legal guidelines and high compliance with external guidelines as well as internal standard operating procedures
A competitive offer with training, car or cash allowance, pension and other benefits are part of the package.
Working at bioMérieux means being involved long term with a pioneering, visionary and constantly growing company that allows its employees to live a stimulating and inspiring experience in a fulfilling work environment
Our internal mobility policy offers numerous opportunities for each of our 12 000 employees to blossom throughout their career, while respecting each employee's individual talents as well as their personal and professional development.
At bioMérieux, over 200 professions - both scientific and non-scientific - offer our employees the opportunity to broaden their fields of expertise and develop cross-functional careers. We provide a rewarding experience in an international company that brings together talents from diverse backgrounds, thus fostering a daily aspiration to go beyond the limits.
Helping improve public health around in the world : our mission gives purpose to every profession practiced within the company.
bioMérieux is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer. M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/GINA.
Job ID: 12346