A world leader in the field of in vitro diagnostics for over 55 years, bioMérieux provides diagnostic solutions that detect disease and contamination to improve patient health and ensure consumer safety. bioMérieux's global headquarters is located in Marcy L'Étoile, France, and we have more than 11,200 team members in 44 countries. With our distributor network, we serve more than 160 countries. bioMérieux, Inc., our Americas division, has more than 4,000 team members across 12 sites or subsidiaries. Our passionate team members recognize the power of diagnostics and rally behind our mission to help save lives. Position Summary:
The Technical Writer is responsible for the development, the revision and the control of product labeling, user manuals, instructions for users and service documentation for customers/FSEs. Main Accountabilities:
Skills and Qualifications:
- Write/Update, review, format and manage finalization/release of user/service documentations (i.e.: hardware, software, reagent) according to departmental styles and standards.
- Participate in cross functional projects, lead labeling activities, review project documentation, assess necessary resources and estimate timelines for documentation development, review and translation. Use design control processes to define labeling requirements and provide traceability.
- Track and implement change requests, anomalies, issues, and requirements logged against user documentation.
- Responsible for consolidating and reconciling all comments from the internal reviewers. Facilitate review meetings if necessary.
- Communicate effectively and accurately with internal customers and management to ensure that timelines and objectives are achieved.
- Understand and apply regulations as they apply to labeling.
- Coordinate translations for user manuals, software, and firmware. Interact with the translation coordinator to maintain timelines.
- Bachelor's degree in technical writing/communication or a scientific/technical degree.
- Structured authoring with XML and Component Content Management System experience.
- 3+ years of technical writing experience.
- Demonstrate subject ownership and communication skills.
- Proficiency with Adobe software products (FrameMaker, Acrobat Pro, Illustrator and Photoshop), MS Office Suite and XML authoring tools.
- Professional experience in documentation development is essential. Medical devices or other regulated environment strongly recommended.
Joining bioMérieux, is choosing to join an innovative company with a long term vision, committed to the service of public health and carried out with a humanistic corporate culture. Our Group offers numerous possibilities: so come and join the 11,200 bioMérieux team members who already identify with these values!
bioMérieux is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer. M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/GINA.
Job ID: 12678