A world leader in the field of in vitro diagnostics for over 55 years, bioMérieux conceives, develops, produces and markets diagnostics solutions (systems, reagents, software and services) intended for clinical and industrial applications, which determine the origin of a disease or a contamination to improve the health of patients and insure consumer safety.
bioMérieux is present in 44 countries and serves more than 160 countries with the support of a large network of distributors. Its corporate headquarters are located in Marcy l'Étoile, near Lyon, in France.
The Management Information Systems (IS) is fully involved in bioMérieux's digital transformation strategy worldwide. Our IS teams are in charge of key projects such as the global deployment of our Salesforce CRM solution, SAP and IoT (Internet of Things). They also lead "proofs of concept" related to innovative services with high added value for bioMérieux's activities. They partner with specialized stakeholders on reference technologies (SAP HANA, Salesforce.com, Amazon Web Services, SAP Cloud Platform or Microsoft Office 365) to contribute to the constant improvement of bioMérieux's services.
Joining bioMérieux is choosing to be a part of an innovative company with a long term vision, committed to the service of public health and carried out with a humanist corporate culture.
Our Company offers numerous possibilities for professional development: you want to contribute to help save lives across the globe? Join the 12,000 employees of bioMérieux! Overall Objective of the Job:
Contribute to the Medical Affairs activities in the country - in interaction with Regional Medical Affairs. Main Accountabilities:
- Keep up-to-date with scientific and medical knowledge in the areas of interest for the company (mainly Infectious Diseases/ microbiology and Acute care) in order to provide relevant advice to appropriate individuals within the country/subsidiary; attend pertinent sessions of healthcare-associated meetings (government, NGO, medical, patient, etc.); meet with KOLs/experts and healthcare providers and be knowledgeable in the relevant medical literature, developments and guidelines.
- Identify, engage and develop long term relationships with current and rising thought leaders (KOLs, experts, others) in infectious diseases, laboratory medicine, critical care and other relevant specialties (laboratory personnel, infection control, pharmacists, etc.). Build a strong network of pertinent and relevant experts in order to obtain relevant advice, expert opinion, collaborations.
- Contribute to medical educational efforts - both internally and externally.
- Identify potential research gaps and lead/contribute to local post market studies ( contact with investigators, creation and validation of study design, study monitoring, results analysis, etc.).
- Help increase the medical and scientific visibility of the subsidiary through scientific publications, symposia and workshops, participation in professional and medical societies and contacts with healthcare authorities.
- Be the internal Medical Expert for the subsidiary, to inform Global Medical Affairs about local unmet medical needs and to provide appropriate medical expertise, when and if needed.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Advance healthcare degree (e.g. PharmD, PHD, MD or MS in nursing) is highly preferred.
- Excellent knowledge of hospital/clinical/medical issues and environment; experience in the management and design of clinical trials, reimbursement environment, regulatory affairs.
- Experience with IVD products and/or clinical lab environment is highly desirable.
- Proven track record of project management, teamwork, leadership, timely decision making and results orientation.
- Demonstrate high ethical and professional standards with all business contacts.
- Strong interpersonal and diplomacy skills; creative problem-solving skills and decisiveness; excellent presentation and training skills.
Fluent in English, French and Dutch
Working at bioMérieux means being involved long term with a pioneering, visionary and constantly growing company that allows its employees to live a stimulating and inspiring experience in a fulfilling work environment.
Our internal mobility policy offers numerous opportunities for each of our 12,000 employees to blossom throughout their career, while respecting each employee's individual talents as well as their personal and professional development.
At bioMérieux, over 200 professions - both scientific and non-scientific - offer our employees the opportunity to broaden their fields of expertise and develop cross-functional careers. We provide a rewarding experience in an international company that brings together talents from diverse backgrounds, thus fostering a daily aspiration to go beyond the limits.
Helping improve public health around the world : our mission gives purpose to every profession practiced within the Company.
bioMérieux is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer. M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/GINA .
Job ID: 12303