CDI- Medical Affairs Associate Director - Emergency/Critical Care H/F What will be your mission at bioMérieux ?
Localisation: USA or France (Lyon)
At bioMérieux, the mission of Medical Affairs ambition is to Accelerate the use of diagnostics and improve patient outcome, by generating medical evidence and providing education and medical expertise within and outside of bioMérieux, while bringing the voice of Health Care Professionals and patients into group's innovation.
You want to impact patient care positively through a better use of diagnostics, by demonstrating and communicating on the value of diagnostic information (VODI). You care for the healthcare system viability and want to bring cost effectiveness solutions to the market.
You believe in the power of medical education to increase awarness on Sepsis, Acute Kidney Injury to reduce mortality and long term consequencies. You enjoy networking and animating a medical and scientific community.
If you share all these values, join the Global Medical Affairs Immuno-Assays team. You will be responsible for providing medical and scientific expertise, and leadership for High Medical Value & Acute Care parameters (such as those involved in the management of, but not limited to, acute kidney injury, sepsis, myocardial infraction, etc...). You will be involved in the product development and product life cycle process.
You will lead and coordinate activities around the emergency VIDAS range (Troponin, Procalcitionin, Nephrocheck...).
To do that, your main responsibilities & goals will be to:
Who are you ?
- Determine the medical value of potential new products opportunities, being involved in innovation processes in collaboration with other departments such as Marketing, Business & Development, R&D, Clinical and Regulatory Affairs. When necessary, you will organize advisory board meetings, key opinion leader (KOL) user groups and/or individual consulting contracts. You'll ensure through definition of the scientific validity and hazard assessment analysis that the specifications of the product being developed will meet the medical need and improve patient care.
- Act as a medical advisor to ensure high-quality training and education (internal & external) through the creation of educational contents, validate the medical content of our communications both internally and externally and assist in the creation of customer facing material to support the market access of our products.
- Assist and provide insights to the group responsible for peri- and post-launch studies, which support the market access of our products by demonstrating the health-economic value of our diagnostic tests and solutions.
- Ensure that bioMérieux maintains up-to-date scientific and medical knowledge in designated medical areas through participation in congresses, workshops and reading the scientific and medical literature, to provide relevant expert assessment to stakeholders within the company and ensure post-market surveillance and life-cycle management activities.
- You hold a Medical Doctorate, M.D. and an additional degree in health science (Master or PhD) is highly preferred. You hold a qualification in Emergency Care or Critical Care (ED specialist or at least 5 years working in the ED / ICU physician or at least 5 years working in the ICU). Expertise in Infectious Diseases is a plus.
- You hold an excellent knowledge of hospital/clinical/medical environment and are able to challenge medical needs and assess hazards associated to patient care.
- You have a proven publication track record of clinical research and are able to design clinical trials, and promote study results through scientific and medical publication (scientific writing skill in English), as well as clear and impactful oral communications in English (both for scientific communication and education purposes).
Strong business acumen and leadership skills.
Ability to take initiative, and comfortable working both autonomously and as part of a cross-functional team.
Progressive mind-set, with ability to balance scientific, medical and commercial needs.
Fluent in English (both oral and written).
Travels (domestic and international) expected to be 5-20% of the time.
Working at bioMérieux means being involved long term with a pioneering, visionary and constantly growing company that allows its employees to live a stimulating and inspiring experience in a fulfilling work environment
Our internal mobility policy offers numerous opportunities for each of our 12 000 employees to blossom throughout their career, while respecting each employee's individual talents as well as their personal and professional development.
At bioMérieux, over 200 professions - both scientific and non-scientific - offer our employees the opportunity to broaden their fields of expertise and develop cross-functional careers. We provide a rewarding experience in an international company that brings together talents from diverse backgrounds, thus fostering a daily aspiration to go beyond the limits.
Helping improve public health around in the world : our mission gives purpose to every profession practiced within the company.
bioMérieux is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer. M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/GINA.
Job ID: 11044