A world leader in the field of in vitro diagnostics for over 55 years, bioMérieux conceives, develops, produces and markets diagnostics solutions (systems, reagents, software and services) intended for clinical and industrial applications, which determine the origin of a disease or a contamination to improve the health of patients and insure consumer safety. bioMérieux is present in 44 countries and serves more than 160 countries with the support of a large network of distributors. Its corporate headquarters are located in Marcy l'Étoile, near Lyon, in France. Joining bioMérieux is choosing to be a part of an innovative company with a long term vision, committed to the service of public health and carried out with a humanist corporate culture. Our Company offers numerous opportunities for professional development. You want to help save lives across the globe? Join the 12,000 employees of bioMérieux! It is not every day that you can say the software you helped develop will save hundreds of thousands of lives per year, but at bioMérieux, we put innovation to work in life-saving diagnostic devices deployed across the world.
With engineering centers in St. Louis, France, and Italy, our Systems Development team collaborates globally to build products that ensure patient health and consumer safety.
From antibiotic susceptibility testing to organism identification with mass spectrometry, bioMérieux offers challenging opportunities in a science-based domain with a public health focus. If you're passionate about solving real-world problems, you'll find a home in our team of expert software developers, engineers, and microbiologists. Click Here to "Be More" - With the bioMérieux Systems Development Team Description:
The Software Engineer will design and develop software for the VITEK 2 System that helps hospitals determine the correct antibiotics to treat millions of infected patients each year.
- Work under the direction of a lead developer and in collaboration with other software engineers on a component of the system to meet the design goals.
- Work with software testers to ensure the system supports both automated and manual test needs.
- Work with business analysts to learn microbiology and balance requirements with technical complexity.
- BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or related scientific discipline, similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience preferred.
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English.
Preferred Qualifications Exposed
- Common open source Java frameworks (Spring, Hibernate, other)
- OO analysis and design experience including Design Patterns
- Automated unit and integration testing
- Relational database table design and use
- Servlet containers (Tomcat, Jetty, other) and basic HTTP server configuration
- Continuous integration systems (Jenkins, other)
- REST concepts
- Agile development practices (test driven development, pair programming, refactoring)
Working at bioMérieux means being involved long term with a pioneering, visionary and constantly growing company that allows its employees to live a stimulating and inspiring experience in a fulfilling work environment. Our internal mobility policy offers numerous opportunities for each of our 12 000 employees to blossom throughout their career, while respecting each employee's individual talents as well as their personal and professional development. At bioMérieux, over 200 professions - both scientific and non-scientific - offer our employees the opportunity to broaden their fields of expertise and develop cross-functional careers. We provide a rewarding experience in an international company that brings together talents from diverse backgrounds, thus fostering a daily aspiration to go beyond the limits. Helping improve public health around in the world: our mission gives purpose to every profession practiced within the company.
bioMérieux is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer.
M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/GINA.
Job ID: 13129