A world leader in the field of in vitro diagnostics for over 55 years, bioMérieux provides diagnostic solutions that detect disease and contamination to improve patient health and ensure consumer safety. bioMérieux's global headquarters is located in Marcy L'Étoile, France, and we have more than 11,200 team members in 44 countries. With our distributor network, we serve more than 160 countries. bioMérieux, Inc. sponsors public health initiatives and partnerships to address antimicrobial resistance, sepsis awareness, food safety, and consumer health. Our passionate team members recognize the power of diagnostics and rally behind our mission to help save lives. Position Summary:
To operate and maintain the major building systems that provide required services and critical utilities as needed to maintain life safety and production. To ensure that the facilities are maintained and conditioned as needed to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable environment and enable the company's associates to be productive while performing their job functions.
Shift work required to provide 24 hour 7 day coverage for the Durham manufacturing facility. This is a position that requires attendance during adverse weather conditions. Main Accountabilities:
Studies and Experience:
- Monitor/operate equipment in order to maintain and/or improve the proper, safe, and efficient functionality of facilities assets.
- Monitor and operate building maintenance system, environmental monitoring system and fire system. Respond to alarms and other urgent facility situations.
- Perform Preventative, Corrective, Predictive and Breakdown work orders on carpentry, plumbing, electrical, HVAC, chillers, steam and hot water boilers, fire system and other types of facility equipment as required.
- Troubleshoot mechanical and electrical problems on various facility equipment. Use problem-solving tools to identify root cause for repetitive breakdowns or other losses. Address key issues and educate peers of problems and solutions.
- Requires the ability to use computers for document editing, computerized maintenance management system. Should have basic skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, and MS Outlook.
- Ensure that all assigned scheduled preventive maintenance tasks are completed.
- Must be able to work safely, use all personal protective equipment as required by OSHA and job requirements.
- Maintain excellent team working relationships and ownership of equipment and reliability while driving 100% customer satisfaction throughout all departments
- Participate in training as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications:
- High school diploma required.
- Valid Driver's license required
- A minimum of two (2) years of progressive responsibility and related experience working in an industrial setting required, preferably in a regulated production/operations facility or trade certification and one (1) year experience working in an industrial setting.
- Educational certification from a recognized technical institute preferred.
- Must be able to push/pull 100 pounds, lift 50 pounds, work off ladders, and have the ability to crawl, lie down and work in tight places.
- Night shift 2-2-3, 12 hour shift, 6:30P-7:00A
- Requires the ability to read facility utility equipment manuals.
- Use of computerized building management system, i.e. Metasys, to maintain and troubleshoot facility equipment.
- Ability to troubleshoot and effectively resolve equipment malfunctions on carpentry, plumbing, electrical, mechanical, HVAC, chillers, steam and hot water boilers, coolers and ultra-low freezers, fire system and other types of facility equipment.
- Understanding of equipment/systems and in the diagnosis and repair of electrical and mechanical problems.
- Basic project management and planning/scheduling projects/repairs.
- Document clearly (verbal and written) and ability to work from verbal and written instructions, manuals, wiring diagrams, work orders and specification.
- Demonstrated experience of working independently is required.
Joining bioMérieux, is choosing to join an innovative company with a long term vision, committed to the service of public health and carried out with a humanistic corporate culture. Our Group offers numerous possibilities: so come and join the 11,200 bioMérieux team members who already identify with these values!
bioMérieux is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer. M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/GINA.
Job ID: 12981 Nearest Major Market:
Durham Nearest Secondary Market: