A world leader in the field of in vitro diagnostics for over 55 years, bioMérieux provides diagnostic solutions that detect disease and contamination to improve patient health and ensure consumer safety. bioMérieux's global headquarters is located in Marcy L'Étoile, France, and we have more than 11,200 team members in 44 countries. With our distributor network, we serve more than 160 countries. bioMérieux, Inc. sponsors public health initiatives and partnerships to address antimicrobial resistance, sepsis awareness, food safety, and consumer health. Our passionate team members recognize the power of diagnostics and rally behind our mission to help save lives.
At bioMérieux, we design innovative in vitro diagnostic solutions that use advanced technologies to create new ways for medical providers to diagnose patients. We are seeking a talented software engineer to help bring to market a next generation molecular diagnostic to improve the health of patients and improve global public health. Position Summary:
In this role, you will use your expertise to assist in all aspects of software development in developing and bringing to market next-generation diagnostic instruments. You will also serve on a project team to develop software and communicate with other engineers and team leaders. Your responsibilities may include:
Principal Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Working as part of a team to design, develop and bring to market diagnostic instruments.
- You will design, write and troubleshoot software, including but not limited to instrument-side code such as user interfaces, processing code, communicating with external records and databases, PC-side support applications for research and testing.
- Supporting the Engineering and Biochemistry teams with software tools and improvements as needed.
- Improving your software skills and mentoring other team members as they improve theirs.
- Working in a high-energy collaborative environment where the team is excited to build new products and celebrate successes.
- Perform all work in compliance with company policy and within the guidelines of the bioMérieux Quality System.
- Responsible for leading and managing the portions of the project to which you are assigned to accomplish the goals of the project.
- Apply knowledge of engineering principles to develop software such as computer applications, instrument user interfaces and support applications and utilities.
- Work with other team members to understand team and market needs and produce corresponding software requirements.
- Writes unit tests for code development activities.
- Participates effectively in technical code reviews both as a reviewer and reviewee.
- Assist in documentation as necessary to meet company policy and FDA guidelines
- 3-10 years of experience in writing software in one or more high level languages.
- 2+ years' experience in a programming language such as C#, Java, or Android development experience a huge preference.
- Proficient with at least one revision control system such as Git, SVN, Perforce or TFS
- Experience writing software for Android, including both activities and services is preferred but not required.
- Bachelors of Science, Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
Joining bioMérieux, is choosing to join an innovative company with a long term vision, committed to the service of public health and carried out with a humanistic corporate culture. Our Group offers numerous possibilities: so come and join the 11,200 bioMérieux team members who already identify with these values!
bioMérieux is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer. M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/GINA.
Job ID: 14444