A world leader in the field of in vitro diagnostics for over 55 years, bioMérieux provides diagnostic solutions that detect disease and contamination to improve patient health and ensure consumer safety. bioMérieux's global headquarters is located in Marcy L'Étoile, France, and we have more than 11,200 team members in 44 countries. With our distributor network, we serve more than 160 countries. bioMérieux, Inc., our Americas division, has more than 4,000 team members across 12 sites or subsidiaries. Our passionate team members recognize the power of diagnostics and rally behind our mission to help save lives.
It is not every day that you can say the software you helped develop will save hundreds of thousands of lives per year, but at bioMérieux, we put innovation to work in life-saving diagnostic devices deployed across the world.
With engineering centers in St. Louis, France, and Italy, our Systems Development team collaborates globally to build products that ensure patient health and consumer safety.
From antibiotic susceptibility testing to organism identification with mass spectrometry, bioMérieux offers challenging opportunities in a science-based domain with a public health focus. If you're passionate about solving real-world problems, you'll find a home in our team of expert software developers, engineers, and microbiologists. Click Here to "Be More" - With the bioMérieux Systems Development Team Main Accountabilities:
The Senior Software Engineer will design and develop software for the VITEK 2 System that helps hospitals determine the correct antibiotics to treat millions of infected patients each year.
- Work with a lead developer and in collaboration with other software engineers on a component of the system to meet the design goals.
- Work with software testers to ensure the system supports both automated and manual test needs.
- Work with microbiology experts and business analysts to learn microbiology and balance requirements with technical complexity.
- BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or related scientific discipline, similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience.
- 6 or more years of experience of Java Full Stack development.
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English.
- Common open source Java frameworks (Spring, Hibernate, other)
Preferred Qualifications: Exposed
- OO analysis and design experience including Design Patterns
- Automated unit and integration testing
- Agile development practices (test driven development, pair programming, refactoring)
- Relational database table design and use
- Servlet containers (Tomcat, Jetty, other) and basic HTTP server configuration
- Continuous integration systems (Jenkins, other)
- REST concepts
- Automated installation/deployment processes (InnoSetup, Wix, Ansible, other)
Joining bioMérieux, is choosing to join an innovative company with a long term vision, committed to the service of public health and carried out with a humanistic corporate culture. Our Group offers numerous possibilities: so come and join the 11,200 bioMérieux team members who already identify with these values!
bioMérieux is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer. M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/GINA.
Job ID: 12632