A world leader in the field of in vitro diagnostics for over 55 years, bioMérieux conceives, develops, produces and markets diagnostics solutions (systems, reagents, software and services) intended for clinical and industrial applications, which determine the origin of a disease or a contamination to improve the health of patients and insure consumer safety.
bioMérieux is present in 44 countries and serves more than 160 countries with the support of a large network of distributors. Its corporate headquarters are located in Marcy l'Étoile, near Lyon, in France.
Joining bioMérieux is choosing to be a part of an innovative company with a long term vision, committed to the service of public health and carried out with a humanist corporate culture.
Our Company offers numerous opportunities for professional development. You want to help save lives across the globe? Join the 12,000 employees of bioMérieux!
We are looking for a Business Development Manager Clinical Microbiology for the Africa Region who will report to the Area Business Manager of West and Central Africa. He/She will be responsible for developing and accelerating of Clinical Microbiology commercial growth and results as well as delivery on growth targets, providing P&L support and financial forecasting and reporting, in order to achieve desired market share and targets in a defined market sector. He/She will be based in Abidjan, Côte d'Ivoire. WHAT WILL BE YOUR MISSION?
For a defined range of product : Clinical Microbiology
WHO ARE YOU? Education & Experience :
- Define & and roll-out best-in-class practices in Clinical Microbiology to drive sales, profit and client retention.
- Develop, implement and execute new and continuing customer education on Identification and Antimicrobial Susceptibility testing including Blood culture in collaboration with multiple stakeholders (Medical, Marketing, Sales, etc.).
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of BioMérieux products, customers and business objectives to develop, implement and execute educational programs aimed at impacting prescription of BioMérieux solutions.
- Engage field work through periodic visits to understand the current selling, competitive, clinical and healthcare environment, identify and drive new business opportunities.
- Work closely with the Medical, sales and marketing leaders to align initiatives that are developed, executed and measured for Health Care Provider engagement and impact.
- Optimize our Identification and Antimicrobial Susceptibility value proposition to create a better synergy between Microbiology & patient management.
Skills & Competencies :
- Minimum Master of Science in Clinical Microbiology, an additional recognized training in Business will be an asset.
- 5-7 years in clinical applications role or equivalent in Microbiology.
- Minimum 2+ years in Multinational Laboratories.
- Minimum 3+ years of clinical/ hospital experience.
- Experience with curriculum creation required
- Must be able to effectively communicate to health care professionals, foster and support the relationships and recommend approaches to most effectively leverage business needs with health care professionals via educational strategies.
- Start to End Project Management
- Travel required, up to 40%.
- Excellent knowledge of clinical Microbiology landscape and Clinical Microbiology practices in Africa
- Commercial acumen and track record of delivering revenue growth.
- Able to communicate in both French and English.
- Strong client-facing skills and experience in selling Clinical Microbiology solutions in the healthcare industry.
- Must be highly organized, demonstrate leadership qualities and initiative, and able to operate independently
Working at bioMérieux means being involved long term with a pioneering, visionary and constantly growing company that allows its employees to live a stimulating and inspiring experience in a fulfilling work environment
Our internal mobility policy offers numerous opportunities for each of our 12 000 employees to blossom throughout their career, while respecting each employee's individual talents as well as their personal and professional development.
At bioMérieux, over 200 professions - both scientific and non-scientific - offer our employees the opportunity to broaden their fields of expertise and develop cross-functional careers. We provide a rewarding experience in an international company that brings together talents from diverse backgrounds, thus fostering a daily aspiration to go beyond the limits.
Helping improve public health around in the world : our mission gives purpose to every profession practiced within the company.
bioMérieux is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer. M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/GINA.
Job ID: 12910