A world leader in the field of in vitro diagnostics for over 55 years, bioMérieux provides diagnostic solutions that detect disease and contamination to improve patient health and ensure consumer safety. bioMérieux's global headquarters is located in Marcy L'Étoile, France, and we have more than 11,200 team members in 43 countries. With our distributor network, we serve more than 160 countries. bioMérieux, Inc., our Americas division, has more than 4,000 team members across 12 sites or subsidiaries. Our Americas headquarters is in Durham, NC, with nearly 1,200 team members. bioMérieux, Inc. sponsors public health initiatives and partnerships to address antimicrobial resistance, sepsis awareness, food safety, and consumer health. Our passionate team members recognize the power of diagnostics and rally behind our mission to help save lives. Position Summary:
This position assists in the operation and maintenance of major building systems that provide required site services and critical utilities. Responsible to assist in ensuring that facilities are maintained and conditioned as needed to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable environment and enable the effective and efficient performance of business operations. This position also creates and maintains site project plans using AutoCAD. Main Accountabilities: Monitors/operates equipment in order to maintain and/or improve the proper, safe, and efficient functionality of facilities assets. Monitors and operates the automated facility energy management system. Respond to alarms and other urgent facility situations. Complete all required documentation regarding alarm response. Using AutoCAD, is responsible for creating and maintaining various site project plans. Uses problem-solving tools to identify root cause for repetitive breakdowns or other losses. Addresses key issues and educate peers of problems and solutions. Leads facilities improvement projects, consisting of scope definition, resource planning, scheduling, implementation, and acceptance, to include coordination of work with vendors/contractors. Assists with other special projects as assigned. Studies/Experience, Skills and Qualifications:
- A minimum of three (3) years of related experience is required, preferrably working in a production/operations facility. A combination of education and experience will be considered in lieu of this requirement. Associates Degree preferred.
- Requires the ability to read equipment manuals, blueprints, wiring diagrams, work orders, and HVAC, electrical and plumbing schematics in order to maintain and repair equipment or facilities.
- Experience with metasys and JCI control systemsis preferred.
- Must have familiarity with computers including Microsoft Office Outlook, Excel, and Word, Project & PowerPoint. Experience working with AutoCAD is a strong plus, but at a minimum must have the ability to rapidly learn this platform.
- Excellent personal hygiene required.
- Appropriate gowning requirements necessary for the production areas.
- Occasional environmental odors may be prevalent.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, crawl, etc. to access tight spaces.
- Ability to access high places using ladders is required on occasion.
Joining bioMérieux, is choosing to join an innovative company with a long term vision, committed to the service of public health and carried out with a humanistic corporate culture. Our Group offers numerous possibilities: so come and join the 11,200 bioMérieux team members who already identify with these values!
bioMérieux is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer. M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/GINA.
Job ID: 8802