A world leader in the field of in vitro diagnostics for over 55 years, bioMérieux provides diagnostic solutions that detect disease and contamination to improve patient health and ensure consumer safety. bioMérieux's global headquarters is located in Marcy L'Étoile, France, and we have more than 11,200 team members in 44 countries. With our distributor network, we serve more than 160 countries. bioMérieux, Inc., our Americas division, has more than 4,000 team members across 12 sites or subsidiaries. Our Americas headquarters is in Durham, NC, with nearly 1,200 team members. bioMérieux, Inc. sponsors public health initiatives and partnerships to address antimicrobial resistance, sepsis awareness, food safety, and consumer health. Our passionate team members recognize the power of diagnostics and rally behind our mission to help save lives.
An exciting new vacancy has arisen for an IT Field Application Specialist with a commercial focus. The IT Field Application Specialist is responsible for the technical installation and support of bioMerieux products and solutions. In addition, you will be responsible for developing business relationships with the key LIMS suppliers in the UK & Ireland and will be responsible for the quotes and proposals for interfacing and integration with bioMerieux solutions. The IT Specialist will work closely with the Lab Efficiency Team to create and promote workflow solutions for customers incorporating bioMerieux automation, analytical platforms and IT products
This role is a field based national role involving travel across UK & Ireland. What will your responsibilities be at bioMérieux?
Main accountabilities include:
Who are you? Studies-Experience:
- Consult with clients on system context, hardware and network configuration topics.
- Manage client and other vendors communication regarding connectivity
- Working on pre-sales and commercial activities including; customer presentations, tender responses and microbiology solution design with Lab Efficiency Team
- Propose and promote IT architecture in a professional way to demonstrate the benefits and advantages of our product offering, working closely with the Lab Efficiency Team
- Myla/ Argene Connect specialist
- Liaise with LIMS providers and work with vendor and customer IT personnel to determine requirements and establish interface and network connections between bioMerieux systems and LIMS systems.
- Request quotes and proposals for LIMS connections when required for tender responses and business proposals
- Provide high level technical support related to the bioMérieux systems. Answer internal and external customer inquiries per established guideline and document in CRM system; consult as appropriate with Lab IT Specialist, Application Specialist, System Engineer, Field IT Specialist, Management, Global Customer Support.
- Demonstrate problem solving and troubleshooting skills for remote/phone support as well as on-site Lab IT support.
- Install, configure, upgrade and maintain the bioMérieux hardware and software including Myla interfaces
- Assist with launch/implementation of new systems by learning new products, providing input to development of documentation and troubleshooting procedures for all systems.
- Provide customer training to enable client self-sufficiency and participate in training for internal colleagues.
Competencies and Required Skills:
- Educated to degree level in computer sciences or equivalent
- Expertise in information management software, LIS/HIS connection, network, IT security
- Expertise on laboratory/ hospital workflow would be an advantage.
- Customer oriented
- Ability to diagnose and resolve technical issues
- Solution oriented, creative
- Knowledge of networks, interfaces, hardware and software, database management, knowledge in interfacing
- Ability to have a comprehensive overview about bioMerieux Product range
- Strong Commercial awareness and business acumen along with demonstrated work ethic, integrity, and professional conduct
- Ability to adapt in a constantly changing environment
- Ability to turn complexity into simplicity, prioritize, decide and execute
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate both written and verbally, presentation skills
A competitive offer with training, car or cash allowance, pension and other benefits are part of the package.
Joining bioMérieux, is choosing to join an innovative company with a long term vision, committed to the service of public health and carried out with a humanistic corporate culture. Our Group offers numerous possibilities: so come and join the 11,200 bioMérieux team members who already identify with these values!
bioMérieux is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer. M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/GINA.
Job ID: 13961