A world leader in the field of in vitro diagnostics for over 55 years, bioMérieux provides diagnostic solutions that detect disease and contamination to improve patient health and ensure consumer safety. bioMérieux's global headquarters is located in Marcy L'Étoile, France, and we have more than 11,200 team members in 44 countries. With our distributor network, we serve more than 160 countries. bioMérieux, Inc. sponsors public health initiatives and partnerships to address antimicrobial resistance, sepsis awareness, food safety, and consumer health. Our passionate team members recognize the power of diagnostics and rally behind our mission to help save lives. Position Summary:
Context of the Job and Major Challenges:
- Participate and assist in planning and conducting activities to develop new products or methods/techniques within BioMerieux Clinical Microbiology product portfolio in full compliance with current quality and safety standards
- Provide assistance and technical support for activities to improve or support existing products, methods or techniques.
- Product research and development/support: Provides support in performing routine analysis and method development by independently executing routine experiments. Participates in the execution of validation protocols. Performs analytical testing & develops analytical methods based on the project needs by using effective and efficient design and control techniques.
- As team leader and for simple projects, he/she plans, evaluates, solves issues, collets data and interprets them in order to support the development process and edit reports.
- Communicates results or problems to supervisor. Coordinate with external vendors, remote departments, and other company resources as necessary to advance and complete projects. Writes up and presents reports for internal purposes or meetings.
- Follows up the projects, organizes and ensures that documents are adequately diffused, in compliance with bioMerieux quality policy and the various procedures for demonstrating a state of control. Provides the team in charge of the project with protocols and procedures.
- Performs scientific publications watch and stays informed of the latest advances of a specific expertise area. Contributes to scientific publications.
- Contributes to continuous improvement initiatives.
Studies, Experience, Skills and Qualifications:
- Develop LC/MS/MS methods for the analysis of small molecules, antimicrobials, peptides and proteins.
- Operate, maintain, and troubleshoot lab equipment including: GC/TCD, HPLC-UV, LC-MS/MS, ICP/MS, IC, Spectrophotometer, hood, pH meter, balance, water purification system, and other general lab equipment.
- Work cross-functionally with other departments to plan experiments based on project needs and able to execute per prioritization to meet timelines.
- Provide technical input and design standard experiments to optimize experimental performance or investigate failure mode to support operations for existing products, methods, or techniques.
- Execute stability and boundary (edge of failure) studies.
- Responsible for performing analytical testing and data analysis related to product development and support using DII principles, including experimental planning, execution, & creation of detailed documentation.
- Responsible for accurate data analysis
- Responsible for the order and maintenance of equipment used in assigned activities.
- Follow company health & safety policies for using chemicals and disposal of chemical waste.
- Degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry or applicable Life Sciences with B.S.
- 1-3 years LC/MS/MS experience
- Has good understanding of company products, methods, and techniques
- Competency with Microsoft Word and Excel required
- Knowledge of cGMP and FDA regulations.
- Proficient in skills necessary for good laboratory safety.
- Good oral and written communications skills in English.
- Ability to effectively organize, multitask, and work in a fast-paced, deadline driven work environment with attention to detail.
- Achievement oriented individual possessing intellectual curiosity
- Analytical thinking
- Flexible with ability to work independently to achieve goals while working apart from direct supervision
- Fundamental understanding of scientific method, & necessary rigor for data collection to support conclusions, a major plus.
Joining bioMérieux, is choosing to join an innovative company with a long term vision, committed to the service of public health and carried out with a humanistic corporate culture. Our Group offers numerous possibilities: so come and join the 11,200 bioMérieux team members who already identify with these values!
bioMérieux is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer. M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/GINA.
Job ID: 13084 Nearest Major Market:
Durham Nearest Secondary Market: