A world leader in the field of in vitro diagnostics for over 55 years, bioMérieux conceives, develops, produces and markets diagnostics solutions (systems, reagents, software and services) intended for clinical and industrial applications, which determine the origin of a disease or a contamination to improve the health of patients and insure consumer safety.
bioMérieux is present in 44 countries and serves more than 160 countries with the support of a large network of distributors. Its corporate headquarters are located in Marcy l'Étoile, near Lyon, in France.
Joining bioMérieux is choosing to be a part of an innovative company with a long term vision, committed to the service of public health and carried out with a humanist corporate culture.
Our Company offers numerous opportunities for professional development. You want to help save lives across the globe? Join the 12,000 employees of bioMérieux!
As Site Manufacturing Controller reporting to the EMEA Manufacturing Controlling Director you will support the Site Director and Leadership Team in decision making to maximize value, you will responsible for all financial activities and processes from budgeting to reporting, to forecasting, and you will represent the site financially to the Region, partnering with Commercial Operations and with Corporate. WHAT WILL BE YOUR MISSIONS AT BIOMÉRIEUX?
1/ Day to Day - Responsibilities Site Manufacturing Controller routinely performs, oversees, and monitors
- Drive all closing processes in coordination with Operations. Accounting, and Manufacturing Finance, report performance vs budget and targets and ensure timely and appropriate delivery in line with Corporate Closing Guidance (date & procedures).
- Lead the Site annual budget process involving Site Director and Managers, and present the conclusions on P&L, Industrial Variances, Manufacturing Standard Costs (MSC) calculation and analysis, hourly rate calculation, headcounts, Opex, Capex, Non-Quality/Scrap costs. Analyze and report monthly performance to stakeholders including Site Director and Leadership Team and Regional Controlling Director. Follow up on risks and opportunities for further analysis and recommendations.
- Propose to Manufacturing Managers concrete action plans that could be included in the Continuous Improvement site roadmap (Hoshin). These actions have to be shared and validated during dedicated steering committees. Actively contribute and/or lead worldwide financial transversals project (as Finance Roadmap stream leaders, Finance 2.0, Finance Expert Network, Key User Finance).
2/ Projects - Regularly occurring but varied and/or ad hoc requests
- Develop his/her network internally or externally (other companies, professional networks, research) to adapt his / her job to new requests: next allocations model, digitalization, monitoring of the site performance as industrial variance, and P&L.
- Actively contribute to gross margin improvement by working with the Marketing Business team and helping them to drive the sales price evolution. Being the key support for Marketing (Product Manager / Regional Manager) giving visibility on gross margin evolution linked to the volumes to deal with.
3/ Site Strategy - Advice Site Leadership and Corporate Heads on strategic initiatives impacting the site
WHO ARE YOU?
- Based on requests from Executive Committee Members, VP Regional Manufacturing, Site Director (and/or his department managers), Finance and/or Marketing Directors, External Auditors, and Governmental Representative provide requested financial analysis to aid decision making: including (but not limited to) P&L impacts, balance sheet, contributive margin, Manufacturing Standard Cost (MSC) evolution, Stratplan over 5 years, and simulation over several scenarios. All financial requests built in collaboration with manufacturing stakeholders to ensure alignment on the current situation and forecasts (quarterly and/or 5years).
- As a strong contributor on the strategy with his/her Site Director and Leadership Team, the Site Manufacturing Controller has to be able to challenge all structural projects on site.
- Act as a controller back up for the Iberia Commercial Operations perimeter and being a key contributor on the Global Finance Roadmap evolutions.
- Graduate from Business School (BA in Finance/Accounting/Economics or related analytical discipline) or if relevant Graduate in Engineering School with significant Finance exposure and experience; CPA preferred
- Experience in Finance Manufacturing will be valuable, 3-5 years of experience
- Experience with Continuous improvement / transversal project management
- Accounting and controlling skills, and day to day use of ERP (SAP is a must)
- Excellent ability in IS data management
- Excellent interpersonal skills, rigor, courage
- Analytical and synthesizing capabilities
- Agile and flexible to adjust priorities and continuous learning
- Ability to prepare & present new concepts, giving visibility and clear explanations, removing ambiguity or complexity
- Fluent in English will be required.
Working at bioMérieux means being involved long term with a pioneering, visionary and constantly growing company that allows its employees to live a stimulating and inspiring experience in a fulfilling work environment
Our internal mobility policy offers numerous opportunities for each of our 12 000 employees to blossom throughout their career, while respecting each employee's individual talents as well as their personal and professional development.
At bioMérieux, over 200 professions - both scientific and non-scientific - offer our employees the opportunity to broaden their fields of expertise and develop cross-functional careers. We provide a rewarding experience in an international company that brings together talents from diverse backgrounds, thus fostering a daily aspiration to go beyond the limits.
Helping improve public health around in the world : our mission gives purpose to every profession practiced within the company.
bioMérieux is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer. M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/GINA.
Job ID: 15716