BioFire Diagnostics, LLC. is looking to add Security Technicians to our growing team! This position will serve as a member of the facilities team reporting primarily to the Security Supervisor and secondarily to the Security Manager. The position will perform general security duties to protect the company’s assets and employees relative to theft, assault, fire, and other safety and facility issues.
Please Note: The working schedule for this position is Sunday-Tuesday and every other Wednesday 6:00pm-6:30am.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform all work in compliance with company policy and within the guidelines of BioFire Diagnostics’ Quality System.
- Observe for signs of crime and suspicious activities and report to the proper company departments.
- Secure premises by completing patrols internal and external to the buildings and document activities in a written log and/or electronic application due at the conclusion of each shift. The patrols will include building access points, general grounds, and may include monitoring surveillance equipment.
- Complete and submits shift reports by recording observations, information, and surveillance activities. The shift report is due at the conclusion of each shift.
- Immediately respond to emergencies to provide necessary assistance to employees and site visitors.
- Obtain certification in First Aid/CPR/AED and be prepared to render aid to the level of your training.
- Operate equipment used to clear roadways, parking areas, and walking paths after a snowfall.
- Escort employees at their request to vehicles at all hours
- Assist facilities and HSE teams with miscellaneous tasks as assigned.
Training & Education:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Unarmed Security Guard certification required within 3 months of hire date
- Must obtain First Aid/CPR/AED certification within 3 months of hire date
No previous security experience required; however, preference will be given to candidates with prior corporate security experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Basic computer skills in MS Word, MS Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Ability to drive snow removal equipment and have a good driving record
- Good communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to make good decisions with available information
- Must obtain a valid driver’s license and have a good driving record