A world leader in the field of in vitro diagnostics for over 55 years, bioMérieux provides diagnostic solutions that detect disease and contamination to improve patient health and ensure consumer safety. bioMérieux's global headquarters is located in Marcy L'Étoile, France, and we have more than 11,200 team members in 43 countries. With our distributor network, we serve more than 160 countries. bioMérieux, Inc., our Americas division, has more than 4,000 team members across 12 sites or subsidiaries. Our Americas headquarters is in Durham, NC, with nearly 1,200 team members. bioMérieux, Inc. sponsors public health initiatives and partnerships to address antimicrobial resistance, sepsis awareness, food safety, and consumer health. Our passionate team members recognize the power of diagnostics and rally behind our mission to help save lives.
The Inside Sales Specialist
will sell bioMérieux products and/or services through the achievement of opportunity-based sales quotas. The Inside Sales Representative will reach business targets through excellent telephone sales and communications skills and perform customer site visits on a quarterly basis. This individual will also develop his or her phone-based revenue generation through the creation and management of customer leads, initiation of prospect calls, and establishment of ongoing rapport with existing and potential customers to act as a key contributor to meet revenue goals Main Accountabilities:
Studies and Experience:
- Management and tracking of all leads from various external lead sources.
- Manages customer pipeline for US Segments/Products as assigned (ex. POL Fertility, Previ Color, PC Upgrades).
- Performs cold-calls to prospects from various lead sources to gain a clear understanding of the customer's business/laboratory requirements. Make outbound follow-up calls to existing customers via telephone and e-mail cross-sell and up-sell. Handle inbound, unsolicited prospect calls and convert them into sales. Performs customer site visits periodically.
- Acts as a liaison with the sales team to pass on potential leads, checking that the necessary contact is then made by them and any requested action taken.
- Identify decision makers within targeted leads to begin sales process. Ability to ask questions to determine customer needs and match associated product features and benefits to the customer's requirements.
- Determine and penetrate strategically targeted accounts and generate sales from within client base through collaboration within Inside Sales and sales teams.
- Create and deliver qualified opportunities to Account Managers where appropriate. Ensure follow-up by passing leads to Account Managers with calls-to-action, dates, complete profile information, sources, etc.
- Managing a sales database, ensuring all calls are logged accurately, including contact details and any follow up dates or other action required
- Coordinate sales presentations, product/service demonstrations, and other sales actions.
- Emphasize product/service features and benefits, quote prices, discuss credit terms, and prepare sales order forms and/or reports.
- Collation and reporting of management information including KPI's and departmental metrics
- Performs other job duties as required.
Skills and Qualifications:
- B.S. in Marketing, Microbiology, or another related science or equivalent education and experience
- Maintains current features and benefits knowledge of bioMérieux product lines (ID/AST, Blood culture, Immunology/Molecular) and professional services
- 2-3 years of direct work experience in a sales or telesales capacity
- Demonstrated ability to convert prospects and close deals while maintaining established sales quotas.
- Solid experience in opportunity qualification, pre-call planning, call control, account development, and time management.
- Success in qualifying opportunities involving multiple key decision makers.
- Knowledge of sales principles, methods, practices, and techniques.
- Problem identification and objection handling skills.
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with customers.
- Good verbal communication, presentation skills, and written communication skills
- Good listening skills.
- Strong written communication skills.
- Self-motivated, with high energy and an engaging level of enthusiasm.
- Able to perform basic calculations and mathematical figures.
- Ability to occasionally travel and attend sales events or exhibits.
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team.
- Ability to manage own projects including project schedules and deliverables
- Proficient in desktop computer applications (Microsoft Office Suite). Prefer experience with Customer Relationship Management Software
Joining bioMérieux, is choosing to join an innovative company with a long term vision, committed to the service of public health and carried out with a humanistic corporate culture. Our Group offers numerous possibilities: so come and join the 11,200 bioMérieux team members who already identify with these values!
bioMérieux is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer. M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/GINA.
Job ID: 12381