A world leader in the field of in vitro diagnostics for over 55 years, bioMérieux conceives, develops, produces and markets diagnostics solutions (systems, reagents, software and services) intended for clinical and industrial applications, which determine the origin of a disease or a contamination to improve the health of patients and insure consumer safety.
bioMérieux is present in 44 countries and serves more than 160 countries with the support of a large network of distributors. Its corporate headquarters are located in Marcy l'Étoile, near Lyon, in France.
Our Industrial Microbiology Unit brings together more than 800 employees around the world. Our mission is to provide the agri-food, pharmaceutical and cosmetic industries with microbiology control solutions to improve product safety and quality, as well as their productivity. We develop innovative solutions that cater each client's requirements and enable them to maintain brand reputation.
Joining bioMérieux is choosing to be a part of an innovative company with a long term vision, committed to the service of public health and carried out with a humanist corporate culture.
Our Company offers numerous possibilities for professional development: you want to contribute to help save lives across the globe? Join the 13,000 employees of bioMérieux!
Within the "Industry Manual Microbiology Investigation Unit" of the Global Industry Customer Service (GiCS), you will be part of a team of Food and Health & Personal care Investigation Leaders. The Global Investigation Leader is responsible of the whole Complaint Handling Process. It includes the management, the coordination and the accountability of the end to end investigation. This role provides an effective level of support (troubleshooting, answers to questions) to subsidiaries and distributors in order to ensure the customer's complete satisfaction. What will be your responsibilities ?
Who are you ?
- Provide technical support to subsidiaries and distributors on different products ranges intended for Pharmaceutical and Cosmetic Industry Customers (Culture media, Bioball, API and Third Party Products)
- Be accountable and lead the investigations of concerned ranges of products
- Follow CAPA activity relative to technical complaints and provide regular feedback to the subsidiaries / distributors.
- Participate in meetings related to complaints and work closely with other departments (R&D, Expert Unit, Production Site, QA site...).
- Track/report the status of investigations and escalate concerns to management in a timely manner and make decision/action plans for resolution.
- Coach subsidiaries/distributors on support desks activities and troubleshoot at customer sites or remotely if necessary.
- Develop the support tools for subs and distributors to use in the support of customers (troubleshooting forms, guides, FAQ)
- Provide feedback on product/service issues to R&D, manufacturing and the PMO team
- Perform complaints trend analysis and prepare reports for other departments. Contribute to the establishment of complaints indicators with the Governance team.
- Help the Investigation Unit and manufacturing sites teams to prepare audits
- Bachelor or equivalent in related field of expertise (microbiology) and at least 3 years' experience in industrial microbiology.
- First experience in the pharmaceutical market
- Knowledge in laboratories practices and in bioMérieux industry products.
- You are recognized for your leadership, and your ability to convince and gain buy-in.
- Good communication skills, good team spirit, analysis and synthesis
- Committed to customer and to service with a sense of urgency and accountability.
- Cross cultural flexibility.
- Knowledge in ERP functioning and reporting tools (SAP, CRM, TrackWise Digital...)
- Fluent English
Working at bioMérieux means being involved long term with a pioneering, visionary and constantly growing company that allows its employees to live a stimulating and inspiring experience in a fulfilling work environment.
Our internal mobility policy offers numerous opportunities for each of our 13 000 employees to blossom throughout their career, while respecting each employee's individual talents as well as their personal and professional development.
At bioMérieux, over 200 professions - both scientific and non-scientific - offer our employees the opportunity to broaden their fields of expertise and develop cross-functional careers. We provide a rewarding experience in an international company that brings together talents from diverse backgrounds, thus fostering a daily aspiration to go beyond the limits.
Helping improve public health around in the world : our mission gives purpose to every profession practiced within the company.
bioMérieux is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer. M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/GINA.
Job ID: 14251