A world leader in the field of in vitro diagnostics for over 55 years, bioMérieux provides diagnostic solutions that detect disease and contamination to improve patient health and ensure consumer safety. bioMérieux's global headquarters is located in Marcy L'Étoile, France, and we have more than 11,200 team members in 44 countries. With our distributor network, we serve more than 160 countries. bioMérieux, Inc., our Americas division, has more than 4,000 team members across 12 sites or subsidiaries. Our Americas headquarters is in Durham, NC, with nearly 1,200 team members. bioMérieux, Inc. sponsors public health initiatives and partnerships to address antimicrobial resistance, sepsis awareness, food safety, and consumer health. Our passionate team members recognize the power of diagnostics and rally behind our mission to help save lives. What will your responsibilities be within bioMérieux?
The overall objective is to contribute to the Medical Affairs activities in the country as well as interacting with Regional Medical Affairs. Main Accountabilities include:
Who are you?
- Keep up-to-date with scientific and medical knowledge in the areas of interest for the company (mainly Infectious Diseases/ microbiology and Acute care) in order to provide relevant advice to appropriate individuals within the country/subsidiary; attend pertinent sessions of healthcare-associated meetings (government, NGO, medical, patient, etc.); meet with KOLs/experts and healthcare providers and be knowledgeable in the relevant medical literature, developments and guidelines.
- Identify, engage and develop long term relationships with current and rising thought leaders (KOLs, experts, others) in infectious diseases, laboratory medicine, critical care and other relevant specialties (laboratory personnel, infection control, pharmacists, etc.). Build a strong network of pertinent and relevant experts in order to obtain relevant advice, expert opinion, collaborations.
- Contribute to medical educational efforts - both internally and externally.
- Identify potential research gaps and lead/contribute to local post market studies (contact with investigators, creation and validation of study design, study monitoring, results analysis, etc)
- Help increase the medical and scientific visibility of the subsidiary through scientific publications, symposia and workshops, participation in professional and medical societies and contacts with healthcare authorities.
- Be the internal Medical Expert for the subsidiary, to inform Global Medical Affairs about local unmet medical needs and to provide appropriate medical expertise, when and if needed.
Studies and Experience :
Skills and Qualifications:
- Advance healthcare degree (e.g. PharmD, PHD, MD or MS in nursing) is highly preferred.
- Excellent knowledge of hospital/clinical/medical issues and environment; experience in the management and design of clinical trials, reimbursement environment, regulatory affairs.
- Experience with IVD products and/or clinical lab environment is highly desirable.
- Proven track record of project management, teamwork, leadership, timely decision making and results orientation.
- Demonstrate high ethical and professional standards with all business contacts.
- Strong interpersonal and diplomacy skills; creative problem-solving skills and decisiveness; excellent presentation and training skills.
Fluent in Swedish and English
Joining bioMérieux, is choosing to join an innovative company with a long term vision, committed to the service of public health and carried out with a humanistic corporate culture. Our Group offers numerous possibilities: so come and join the 11,200 bioMérieux team members who already identify with these values!
bioMérieux is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer. M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/GINA.
Job ID: 14923