A world leader in the field of in vitro diagnostics for over 55 years, bioMérieux provides diagnostic solutions that detect disease and contamination to improve patient health and ensure consumer safety. bioMérieux's global headquarters is located in Marcy L'Étoile, France, and we have more than 11,200 team members in 44 countries. With our distributor network, we serve more than 160 countries. bioMérieux, Inc., our Americas division, has more than 4,000 team members across 12 sites or subsidiaries. Our passionate team members recognize the power of diagnostics and rally behind our mission to help save lives. BioMerieux has a position open for an Account Manager, Industry to be based in either Dallas or Houston Texas.
The Account Manager (AM), Food Industry
, will maintain and establish growth of the current customer base and new business opportunities through the sale and placement of instruments and reagents leading to increased revenues for the company. The AM is directly responsible for achieving the territory sales goals.
The ideal candidate will have very good interpersonal, communication, sales and presentation skills along with successful demonstration of bioMerieux behavioral competencies, such as teamwork, leadership, adaptability, customer service orientation, influence, analytical thinking, organizational awareness and relationship building coupled with good product knowledge to succeed in their sales territory. Main Accountabilities:
- To achieve at least 100% of the territory sales goals.
- To drive new business revenue through selling new instruments and reagents.
- To maintain, and grow, existing customer's business.
- To responsibly manage the total territory sales base with integrity and honesty.
- To submit weekly expense reports and other reports as assigned by the RSM.
- To participate in company and team meetings.
- To update the Sales Force Automation (SFA) resource tool daily.
- To effectively build a sales pipeline through cold calling, prospecting, qualifying and covering accounts.
- To accurately forecast and close new business within the 30-60-90 day time period.
- To strategize and work with the Corporate Account Manager(s), Business Development Manager(s), Client Consultant(s) and the AM Team Leader(s) to sustain and meet revenue targets and growth objectives within the territory.
- To be receptive to coaching and mentoring feedback in order to maintain flexibility and adaptability for learning and growth, while meeting customer's needs.
- BS/BA degree in a science / business related field.
- Strong organization, interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills.
- Sales experience in the life science industry is required; technical knowledge and experience selling a tangible product is highly preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of basic sales skills and have good business acumen.
- Good computer skills and conscientious record keeping are mandatory.
- Prior knowledge of the respective Industry Market Segments, Microbiology, Competitive knowledge, Product line and geographic territory is preferred.
Joining bioMérieux, is choosing to join an innovative company with a long term vision, committed to the service of public health and carried out with a humanistic corporate culture. Our Group offers numerous possibilities: so come and join the 11,200 bioMérieux team members who already identify with these values!
bioMérieux is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer. M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/GINA.
Job ID: 12555