BioFire Diagnostics, LLC. is looking for a Field Application Specialist - Point of Care to join our growing team! This is a field based position, the incumbent is expected to reside in the territory. The Field Application Specialist - Point of Care (FAS -POC) provides field technical support to BFDX new and existing customers inclusive of system installations & associated upgrades, initial and secondary customer training, field technical troubleshooting in support of BFDX Technical Support staff and assay add-ons for existing customers. Works closely with Field Sales Managers ensuring customers receive prompt, accurate and professional support to further their business needs. The FAS will work closely with Technical Support Specialists along with the various production and/or R&D departments in the investigation and resolution of customer issues. In order to stay current with BFDX products, the FAS - POC will play an active role in product evaluations and developmentPrincipal Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform all work in compliance with company policy and within the guidelines of BioFire Diagnostics’ Quality System.
- Tailor communications for intended audience such as, but not limited to: medical assistant, billing personnel, office manager, nurses, nurse practitioners physician assistants, and physicians.
- Support new and prospective customers with initial installation and training on purchased or evaluation equipment as needed.
- Support existing customers with additional training and technical assistance as needed or as product enhancements are launched that require additional training.
- Travel up to 80% to interface with customers, attend trade shows, and demonstrate products.
- Work with direct sales team and distribution partners to increase sales through successful demonstrations of products.
- Develops, cultivates, and maintains strong professional relationships with customers. This can include developing a professional familiarity with customers that fosters growth in their relationship with BioFire and in turn, can aid in breeding greater opportunity for sales.
- Provides “over and above” attention and support to both new and existing customers in order to ensure that their needs are met and staff is fully trained and capable of successfully utilizing BioFire products for their practice. Travels to customer sites on short notice, corresponding with customers via phone or email as frequently as needed, and may visit customer accounts up to 3-4 times a year (if not possibly more).
- Work effectively with internal Technical Support team, Software System Engineers, and fellow cohorts on the Sales Staff and FAS team.
- Provide feedback to marketing managers and Pipeline team targeted at improving the overall product offering.
- Track all activity in current CRM tool.
- Respond promptly and accurately to technical support calls or emails as requested by Technical Support function.
- Perform basic service of BioFire applications and LIS interfacing.
- Effectively perform basic installation, service, and troubleshooting of BioFire hardware, software, and customer data analysis as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Extensive travel up to 80%.
Training and Education:
This is normally acquired through a combination of the completion of a BS degree in Life Science or equivalent discipline.
Familiar with a variety of the field concepts, practices, and procedures in the a laboratory, Urgent Care, and/or Clinical setting. Must be comfortable addressing an audience and have great customer service skills. Must be highly skilled at communication, both written and verbal, and should be able to interact with a variety of scientific levels from novice to expert..
Candidates with related technical field application support.
2+ years of laboratory experience or Urgent Care account management
Experience with guidelines with CLIA regulations and/or additional laboratory crediting agencies
Should be able to lift and maneuver up to 60 lbs. Should be able to handle the physical stress of frequent travel.
This position requires successful completion of background checks, drug screens, and other such consumer reports as necessary for vendor credentialing purposes.