A world leader in the field of in vitro diagnostics for over 55 years, bioMérieux provides diagnostic solutions that detect disease and contamination to improve patient health and ensure consumer safety. In North America we have more than 5,000 team members across 12 sites or subsidiaries, including Salt Lake City based BioFire Diagnostics. We believe in the power of diagnostics and bioMérieux sponsors public health initiatives and partnerships to address antimicrobial resistance, sepsis awareness, food safety, and consumer health across the globe. Come be a part of our mission to help save lives. BioMerieux has a position open for Associate Field System Engineer to be based in Sioux Falls, SD. The territory will include SD, ND, NB, IA, and MN. 40% travel.
The Associate Field System Engineer
will manage all service needs of their assigned geographic base of customers. The activities include installation, maintenance and repair of the instrument base within the assigned area, as well as the administrative actions required to accurately reflect these activities. Installation and Servicing 50%
1. Responds expediently to all requests for customer instrument service via communications with service office; ensures that all instrument service requests are fulfilled within area of geographic responsibility.
2. Exercises judgment on service call handling and deployment. Requests support when service call backlog exists. This will be accomplished via communications with service center and service management.
3. Installs instrumentation sold by bioMérieux and assists customers in basic methods of operation, maintenance and instrument repair procedures, while gaining systems and applications knowledge.
4. Diagnosis and repair instrument malfunctions to the board level and ensures that instruments operate optimally in all performance areas.
5. Maintains accurate preventive maintenance schedules and ensures timely completion of all scheduled maintenance within area of geographic responsibility. During preventive maintenance responsibilities include:
Administrative Requirements 20%
- Probing customer for instrument or test related problems and recommends a course of corrective action.
- Performance of remedial/refresher training in basic operation and maintenance of instrumentation.
- Ensures a credible, professional service image is established.
- Promote the need and benefit of customer service agreements.
1. Completes Instrument Service Reports and Quality Assurance Checklists for each customer contact in order to accurately document instrumentation, customer or test related problems. Corrects problems encountered or formulates a corrective action plan which is outlined for customer during time of contact.
2. Via Instrument Service Reports provides accurate data for installation, warranty, instrumentation and customer history documentation.
3. Documents recurring instrument/test related failures and should include suggestions for changes or modification to existing instrumentation, policies, manuals or concepts.
4. Completes all required departmental forms including but not limited to Instrument Service Reports, Quality Assurance Checklists, Preventive Maintenance/Verification Checklists, Repair Tags, and Weekly Time Sheets and Travel Expense Statements and makes timely submission in accordance with departmental policies and procedures. Other Related Duties 30%
1. Maintains and controls spare parts inventory at levels compatible with repair and financial objectives.
2. Ensures operating expenses fall within departmental budgetary guidelines.
3. Continuously improves knowledge of bioMérieux policies, instrumentation and service techniques while improving interpersonal skills in an overall effort to ensure customer satisfaction.
4. Provides necessary follow-up on service agreement purchase to ensure achievement of departmental revenue objectives.
5. Is responsible for care, maintenance and safeguarding of all company issued property, i.e., car, test equipment, tools and spare parts.
6. Adhere to all Standards of Performance and meets all documented MBOs. Qualifications:
- Associate Degree or technical school equivalent in Electronic Technology, Computer Science or equivalent military training.
- Must be proficient in computer operation and basic computer repair.
- Software operating systems experience helpful.
- Must be proficient in Windows and MS Office, with knowledge of host/remote communications and network systems preferred.
- Require ability to work on mechanical, electrical and vacuum systems.
- Require experience in troubleshooting skills, ability to travel with daily notice, experienced in resolving customer problems and providing a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Must have and maintain a valid drivers license.
Joining bioMérieux, is choosing to join an innovative company with a long term vision, committed to the service of public health and carried out with a humanistic corporate culture. Our Group offers numerous possibilities: so come and join the 13,000 bioMérieux team members who already identify with these values!
bioMérieux is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer. M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/GINA.
Job ID: 15774