BioFire Diagnostics, LLC.is looking for a Materials Handling Team Lead to join our growing team! This position is responsible for Ensuring physical movement, support, and administrative tasks involved in receiving, shipping, storing, and support of raw material used for manufacturing of goods.
PLEASE NOTE: Beginning January 3, 2021, the working schedule for this position will be every Other Wednesday + Thursday - Saturday 6:00 PM - 6:00 AM.
Principal Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform all work in compliance with company policy and within the guidelines of BioFire Diagnostic’s quality system.
- Ensures real time daily replenishment of material in a “Just in Time” manner to customer.
- Extensive knowledge in the Kanban / Work Order, process to ensure material is pulled in an accurate and timely manner.
- Aid manager/supervisor with daily work-load duties.
- Lead/assist with departmental projects.
- Aid manager/supervisor and training coordinator in updating and creating processes.
- Collaborate with training coordinator to ensure all material handlers are trained to appropriate WID’s and SOP’s.
- Ensure accuracy of transactions, bin and location maintenance for the stocking of material.
- Utilize Production Web interface, Warehouse Management Software and mobile tools to distribute and transact material to the floor at direct movement of material. This includes the use of tablets, barcode scanners, and label printers.
- Assist in Break down, cleaning, organizing, and prepping raw material to ensure readiness for manufacturing. To be done in accordance to procedures and production requirements.
- Ensure all material in the warehouse is stored and consumed while practicing FIFO, and QC measures are being followed.
- Assist and Lead Material Handlers with daily tasks and work schedules.
- Assist, or oversee daily team stand up meetings.
- Log, label, track, and enter material lot information into Production Web and/or MES Systems.
- Support inventory control team with cycle counting efforts.
- Practice and teach other material handlers lean manufacturing, good housekeeping principles, and 6S.
- Maintain key performance indicators (KPI’s) that track productivity and work load.
- Coordinate, communicate, and signal replenishment of material from the various stock locations to production.
- Lead efforts in the identification, movement, and disposition of non-conforming material.
- Maintain Kanban levels and update as production requirements change.
- Receive, inspect, store, and properly control the integrity of perishable materials.
- Other related duties as inferred or assigned
Training and Education:
Must have a High School diploma or equivalent. APICS training is a plus.
2+ years of inventory, warehouse, and receiving experience. Materials handling experience within the medical device industry, including working with the FDA regarding control of materials for instruments and chemistry, preferred. 4+ years of inventory, warehouse, shipping and/or, receiving experience. Materials handling experience within the medical device industry, including working with the FDA regarding control of materials for instruments and chemistry, preferred.
Understand inventory control principles, warehouse management, shipping and/or, receiving functions. Have experience with using ERP and Warehouse management software. Ability to proficiently use word, excel, and office software. Ability to communicate effectively up and down the organization. Willingness to learn and implement lean practices and demand flow strategies throughout the warehouse and production. Has knowledge and experience in majority of applicable job skills and able to train other employees in these areas. For example: receiving, shipping, Kanban replenishment, Six S methodology, campus deliveries, truck run, etc.
Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.’ with or without assistance and work 50% of the time standing and/or lifting.
- Help direct the daily efforts of other material handlers as assigned by Manager and Supervisor.
- Maintain inventory and transactional accuracy of inventory.
- Communicate effectively with team members and management.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Maintain the organization and cleanliness of warehouses.
- Must have and maintain a valid Utah Driver’s License.
Internal candidates must adhere to the Materials Management Cross Training Program/Evaluation