A world leader in the field of in vitro diagnostics for over 55 years, bioMérieux provides diagnostic solutions that detect disease and contamination to improve patient health and ensure consumer safety. In North America we have more than 5,000 team members across 12 sites or subsidiaries, including Salt Lake City based BioFire Diagnostics. We believe in the power of diagnostics and bioMérieux sponsors public health initiatives and partnerships to address antimicrobial resistance, sepsis awareness, food safety, and consumer health across the globe. Come be a part of our mission to help save lives.
bioMérieux has continuously enjoyed a position of leadership and growth in infectious disease diagnostics. A critical element of bioMérieux's success relies on its ability to identify strong value-creating business development and acquisition opportunities. We are in search of a talented individual driven by a passion to explore such opportunities. This influential role will analyze, assess, and execute future deals that will enable bioMérieux to meet its long-term strategic goals. This role will be evaluating potential opportunities for business development such as R&D alliances, licensing, strategic financing, mergers, and acquisitions. Pivotal to our commitment to enhance public health, this individual will work with a team of dedicated, proven professionals within the Global Business Development organization and our Global Executive Committee to deliver exciting market-changing transactions. Main Accountabilities
Provide direction and support for the Corporate Business Development process by:
- Coordinating with internal stakeholders in a matrixed, international environment;
- Understanding and influencing the Corporate Strategy;
- Gathering key market, technical, and other information on potential targets by reading publications and attending seminars, conferences, and tradeshows;
- Representing bioMérieux at meetings with external stakeholders in the Life Sciences Industry, including Bankers, Venture Capitalists / Private Equity Investors, and Entrepreneurs;
- Identifying, reviewing and analyzing relevant technology, company, and competitive landscapes - in collaboration with internal committees and in line with Corporate Strategy and principles;
- Developing and monitoring deal flow / portfolio of Business Development opportunities;
- Preparing memorandums and presentations to leadership committees, including the Corporate Operating Committee / Steering Committee;
- Working with finance experts to develop business plans and valuation models;
- Coordinating due diligence of key inorganic opportunities;
- Executing transactions in line with Corporate Strategy and timelines; and
- Transitioning executed transactions to appropriate integration and assimilation teams.
This role requires someone with:
- Bachelor's Degree in Life Sciences, Engineering, or Business and 5 + years' experience;
- or MBA and 3+ years' experience; and
- 3-10 years of professional / business experience with a preference in Life Sciences industry.
Furthermore, we have a preference for someone with:
Skills / Qualifications
- Focus and / or experience in diagnostics;
- Experience in international / global business; and / or
- Experience in banking, marketing, finance, or consulting.
The success of this role will be dependent on the ability to be / have:
- Team-oriented (comfortable working within a small, global team contributing in a variety of tasks and challenges to get required results);
- Pro-active, self-driven, solution-oriented working approach;
- Strong business acumen with a demonstrated understanding of business operations and strategy;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with experience interfacing with senior professionals;
- Demonstrated collaboration management skills including key issue identification, conflict resolution, and negotiation;
- Facility with full range of M&A evaluation elements ( e.g. , finance, legal, HR...);
- Experience and dexterity with Microsoft tools ( e.g. , Excel, PowerPoint...); and
- Proficiency with forward-looking financial models, including revenue forecasts and NPV analysis.
This will be an US-based position with the ability to be based in one of our offices in Salt Lake City, Boston, Chicago, Durham, or San Diego, or possibly remotely. Travel
30% National and International travel is anticipated.
Joining bioMérieux, is choosing to join an innovative company with a long term vision, committed to the service of public health and carried out with a humanistic corporate culture. Our Group offers numerous possibilities: so come and join the 13,000 bioMérieux team members who already identify with these values!
bioMérieux is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer. M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/GINA.
Job ID: 15838 Nearest Major Market:
Durham Nearest Secondary Market: