At BioFire Diagnostics, LLC. we make the world a healthier place by providing molecular solutions that lessen the time to medical results and empower healthcare professionals to make better diagnostic decisions.
We are proud to be part of the bioMérieux family and the 5,000+ team members across 12 sites and subsidiaries in North America committed to our mission to help save lives around the globe through the power of diagnostics.
Come be a part of our team and our mission as an IS Service Manager!
The key actor of Service Management within IS, the Service Manager ensures that the Application Maintenance and Support Services are delivered to users according to the service levels’ commitments.
Service Manager will apply a comprehensive understanding of complex ERP, CRM and/or other enterprise systems architecture and integration.
Service Manager will:
- Design the services and ensure that they are formalized, communicated, and known
- Implement the services
- Monitor services performance and cost
- Manage enhancement portfolio
Project: Service Manager may work on several IS related projects simultaneously. Projects may be local or global in nature but will focus on certain domains. Service Manager will interact with business teams, technical teams, and/or project stakeholders to provide insight to relevant business systems and business process(es). Service Manager is expected to contribute to project team in a productive and positive manner. Effective time management, analytical thinking, organization and communication skills are important in role.
Run: Service Manager will work within established governance and operating model policies to provide effective IS support to business.
Service Manager roles within the IS team require education and/or experience specific to a respective business domain, application, or technology suite.
Principle Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Design the service and ensure it is formalized, communicated and known : define business SLA and manage their evolution; promote usage of service to end-users and maximize usage of service features; ensure accuracy of published service catalog and referential (intranet, ticketing, etc).
- Implement the service: Follow carefully what the partners deliver; Coordinate high severity incidents resolution; Lead problems resolution; Review Root Cause Analysis (RCA) when needed.
- Drive the improvement plan on existing service including cost, performance, internal customer pricing model and value, in consultation with the Business
- Manages enhancement portfolio: Review upcoming requests/projects, prioritize with Business (functional needs VS budget); Request quotations for enhancements (from AMS partner or other vendors); Manage financial envelop for enhancements.
- Monitor service performance and cost: Measure and provides reporting and metrics on performance of the service (SLA & OLA) including the usage of the service; Provides required financial reporting.
- Guarantee technical and functional consistency on the service scope: Follow-up changes implementation and identify changes-related incidents and problems; Provide upstream inputs (at initiative level) to ensure that necessary prerequisites are taken into account; Identify potential risks induced by a project to decide of GO / NO GO; Escalate when necessary; Downstream: make sure prerequisites to transition from project to run are met (support organization, user training…), in alignment with project manager.
- Create and share release notes for changes.
- Identify changes that require training for the business and coordinate with Change Management teams for implementation of training.
- Identify and ensure documentation is completed on time and accurate. Coordinate with Technical Writer to complete work.
- Own and direct others through SOPs and WIDs directly related to the Regional and Global Release Process.
- Track and communicate to management the changes scheduled from business requests, including reporting on KPIs and change recommendations.
- Coordinate changes with dependencies on multiple platforms or applications (EPR:CRM:MES:QMS, etc). Track related testing. Ensure these changes are released as procedurally required to maintain compatibility.
- Ensure business process workflows involving software are maintained with any software updates or changes.
- Create and manage TCAB tickets, primary representative for IS teams in TCAN meeting.
- Maintain SME status for Release Management process for all platforms within their domain.
- Perform all work in compliance with company policy and within the guidelines of BioFire’s Quality System
- Understand BioFire’s technical and scientific mission
- Provide excellent customer service and adhere to internal service and operational level agreements (SLA, OLA)
- Prepare comprehensive technical documentation as needed (e.g. technical specifications, V&V forms, etc.)
- Lead change control governance and configuration management processes as required
- Perform project tasks as required
- Identify risks to project deliverables and recommend mitigation strategy as needed. Develop alternative solutions as required
- Lead cross functional teams to ensure proper integration of business process and procedure requirements
- Champion user adoption efforts related to new applications or solutions, change management processes, and support model
- Lead collaboration efforts with local and global IS and business teams
- Champion local strategic objectives while retaining strong global bonds
- Lead all applicable phases of project and software life cycle
- Participate in supplier sourcing and negotiation requirements as needed
- Continually update technical knowledge and skills
- Other duties as assigned
- Contribute to selection of global enterprise systems/applications
- Lead implementation or upgrade of solution to ensure quality, cost, and timeline
- Determine risk of software modifications to overall software quality and to business
- Determine effort required for implementation of design
- Define team service level agreement (SLA) and operational level agreement (OLA) standards
- Radford Global Technology Survey Professional Individual Contributor Level 3 (Career Level)
- Domestic and international travel may be required (must maintain valid passport)
Training and Education
- BS degree in Computer Science, IS, IT or related business field required; or equivalent work experience
- BS degree and minimum of 5 years related experience as defined by role; or advanced degree and minimum of 3 years related experience; or equivalent work experience
- Experience with enterprise ERP (SAP) and/or CRM (Salesforce) strongly preferred. If no ERP or CRM experience, administration/support of enterprise business applications is required – minimum of 2 years.
- Technical understanding of ERP, CRM, and/or other enterprise systems architecture, configuration, and administration (SAP and Salesforce preferred)
- Comprehensive understanding of business process and policy for respective domain
- Comprehensive understanding of software development lifecycle
- Proficient with development, data, and business process analysis tools
- Proficient with Service Desk tools (ServiceNow, etc.)
- Proficient with Project Management Tools (Confluence, JIRA, MS Project, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to champion department and company objectives in a productive and positive manner
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and document complex business process
- Demonstrated ability to lead test driven development processes
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively
- Demonstrated critical and analytical thinking skills
- Proficient in MS Office Suite and flow chart software