A world leader in the field of in vitro diagnostics for over 55 years, bioMérieux provides diagnostic solutions that detect disease and contamination to improve patient health and ensure consumer safety. In North America we have more than 5,000 team members across 12 sites or subsidiaries, including Salt Lake City based BioFire Diagnostics. We believe in the power of diagnostics and bioMérieux sponsors public health initiatives and partnerships to address antimicrobial resistance, sepsis awareness, food safety, and consumer health across the globe. Come be a part of our mission to help save lives. This position is located in Murray, Utah
This position will provide technical or business lead and guidance for projects throughout the phases of research and development, from proof of concept to design and/or to support of new and/or current technologies or products or services within a department, or for interdepartmental projects. Main Accountabilities:
- Responsible for programming of all controls, safety, HMI, and machine vision equipment required to make new automation equipment designs functional.
- Assist equipment designers in testing, bring up and optimization of new automation designs.
- Contributes to the research and/or development of specific technologies, products and/or services within the given schedule, budget and scope constraints and ensuring adherence to established scientific good practices and/or design control policies.
- Bears technical or business responsibility for projects by defining, developing adapted approaches; provides complete vision of how to tackle technical or business problems within the scope of the projects.
- Works globally within the department to develop, improve and promote procedures and methods that facilitates the research and development of quality products or services and mitigates product related risks.
- Provides recommendations of improvements that integrate business criteria and assure quality assurance policies and good scientific practices respect.
- Ability to be accountable for the technical or business output of a group of engineers (internal or contractors), guiding their work, tracking and reporting on the status of developments the group is in charge of appropriately coordinate and delegate task; mentor less experienced engineers in their technical or business development.
- Provides input into Performance Management on a project by project basis.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering-preferred
- 5+ years controls system experience
- Design, prototype, and build
- Allen Bradley/Rockwell Automation
- Machine Vision - Cognex preferred
- Safety, Interlocks and E-Stops
- Robotics programming and controls
- Film consumable design
- Micro pneumatic and hydraulic system design
Joining bioMérieux, is choosing to join an innovative company with a long term vision, committed to the service of public health and carried out with a humanistic corporate culture. Our Group offers numerous possibilities: so come and join the 13,000 bioMérieux team members who already identify with these values!
bioMérieux is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer. M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/GINA.
Job ID: 16103